Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Winter Banter & General Discussion/Observations

ORH_wxman

19 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Oh they were doing "to date" snowfall....makes more sense. Though they didn't include November snowfall on that list. Not a huge deal, but years like 1986-1987 would pass them.

Why would they not include November?  I get it that it's met winter and all, but where would November or even October snowfall fit in to a list like that? ...Autumn snowfall?

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
25 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

January actually wasn't that bad for snow at ORH....14.9". It's only a couple inches below average. Though admittedly it happened in a very dull way. Lots of advisory type snowfalls and the month was a furnace. Despite that, there was snow cover for most of the month (maybe a total of a week without it) somehow....probably because we avoided any truly awful torches with the one exception of the warm cutter on Jan 12-13.

I hadn't totaled my Jan snows.  15.15 of pennies and nickels.  Not even a dime...lol

11 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

I hadn't totaled my Jan snows.  15.15 of pennies and nickels.  Not even a dime...lol

Yeah it was a really boring way to get 15" of snow...lol.

That Jan 23-24 system was ok I guess. It was 4 inches of man snow (and some sleet mixed in) in what looked like a rainstorm a few days prior. But yeah, otherwise it was a warm month with no real big snowfalls. But at least it looked like winter most of the month.

February has come in guns blazing for the 5th consecutive year. Even last year's February was really good the first 2 weeks of the month and finished with over 20 inches of snow.

39 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Yeah it was a really boring way to get 15" of snow...lol.

That Jan 23-24 system was ok I guess. It was 4 inches of man snow (and some sleet mixed in) in what looked like a rainstorm a few days prior. But yeah, otherwise it was a warm month with no real big snowfalls. But at least it looked like winter most of the month.

February has come in guns blazing for the 5th consecutive year. Even last year's February was really good the first 2 weeks of the month and finished with over 20 inches of snow.

Difference is Feb is cancelled rest of month. Those other years winter didn't end in mid Feb.

3 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

LOl have you even looked? Dumb

There's no threats thru about day 12

I know this is the time of year when you start rooting for and posting about Maine for your ski trip, so your focus is there. That's fine, but most of us care about where we live.. and where we live it looks horrendous thru month end if you like snow 

1 minute ago, Damage In Tolland said:

There's no threats thru about day 12

I know this is the time of year when you start rooting for and posting about Maine for your ski trip, so your focus is there. That's fine, but most of us care about where we live.. and where we live it looks horrendous thru month end if you like snow 

dumb you didn't look, dumb

15 minutes ago, BRSno said:

Where's BOS as far as seasonal total?

BOS was at 32.4" coming into today...as of 7am, they had an additional 2.9" today after midnight, so that would make it 35.3" assuming they got zero accumulation after 7am. I think they probably got several tenths, however, if they didn't measure until later, it might just stay as is for today.

35.3" would be about 7-8" above average for this date.

It looks like the 13.0" for ORH on 2/9 reappeared on the F6 and CLI data...that was kind of weird how it was gone for a day or two. BDL's had disappeared too, but is back now.

Anyways, with the strong month of February so far, even if ORH gets shut out the final 15 days of the month, they will still head into March with above average snowfall.

15 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

BOS was at 32.4" coming into today...as of 7am, they had an additional 2.9" today after midnight, so that would make it 35.3" assuming they got zero accumulation after 7am. I think they probably got several tenths, however, if they didn't measure until later, it might just stay as is for today.

35.3" would be about 7-8" above average for this date.

Thanks! 

Working our way to an average winter, already matching 2015-2016, so no complaints. 

2 minutes ago, BRSno said:

Thanks! 

Working our way to an average winter, already matching 2015-2016, so no complaints. 

I actually I did my math wrong...they had 1.9" after midnight it looks like. So it would be 34.3" season to date. Still...same idea. It's above average and if March delivers, then it should at least be an average season. Hopefully we can squeak out another solid event though later this month after the crap pattern next 7-10 days.

1 minute ago, ORH_wxman said:

I actually I did my math wrong...they had 1.9" after midnight it looks like. So it would be 34.3" season to date. Still...same idea. It's above average and if March delivers, then it should at least be an average season. Hopefully we can squeak out another solid event though later this month after the crap pattern next 7-10 days.

I have to finish tapping this weekend so I don't mind the pack going down a bit.  When it gets over a certain point, it's a pain going through the woods and tapping.  Thankfully I do everything through tubing so I don't have buckets to collect.  Refresher snows in March are fine with me too.

Archived