Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
2016 Mountains & Foothills Fall & Winter Thread

nchighcountrywx

7 minutes ago, franklin NCwx said:

What a terrible forecast by wlos.

Really screwed the pooch. Can't figure out a lot of TV Mets. They seem like they're bound to in house models & very rarely use climo for the big picture. It would be one thing if they said "our model shows this but other models & history shows this so be aware we may get more." Not saying there all that way. I thought Andy Wood was great when he was with Fox Carolina up that way.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, SnoJoe said:

Yeah, Boyer had the northern mtns in the 2-4 range as late as 11 last night.

Yep I know its hard to forecast around here but channel 13 news said I think on Wednesday that Asheville would be lucky to see 1-3 inches of snow and probably the 1 inch was more likely, welllll I have 7 inches and other parts of Buncombe have 10, OKKKKKKK.

Congrats guys! Wound up with ALL sleet just south of downtown Raleigh. Really feel for the folks around here that thought they were in the jackpot zone all the way up until the event. Crazy how it played out for charlotte and points north and east. I knew the NW trend would commence but never imagined it would go from a Columbia and Wilmington storm to a foothills/Mtn's storm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived