joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
2016 Mountains & Foothills Fall & Winter Thread

nchighcountrywx

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
How do you do it with tapatalk?  I choose the Tapatalk app when I hit the share option from the picture, but it doesn't really give me an option to post anything.

Great pics, guys!  This was an amazing storm for all of us north of I-85 and west of I-77.

That usually gives me three options

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Found this from the A-CT blog. Pay no attention to Climo & NW trends!

8:45 a.m.:

North Carolina's snowfall totals were highest in the mountains and foothills, with as much as 10 inches in Lenoir and 4-8.5 inches in Buncombe County, confirmed Rodney Hinson, meteorologist for the National Weather Service.

Forecasts called for greatest snowfall north of Charlotte in Salisbury, but the storm changed path, Hinson explained.

“It kind of shifted back," he said. "It looks like the heavier precipitation did rotate back toward the mountains and foothills, although there were some 6- to 7-inch reports over there across the northern Piedmont.”

A weather phenomenon called banding caused huge variations in snowfall, explaining why some areas of Buncombe saw 4 inches of snow, where other places saw 8.5 inches.

"It’s really hard to predict where those bands will set up, and it looks like there were several of those bands across Buncombe into the foothills," Hinson said.

Snow is still falling, but it's expected to move east this morning, leaving the mountains behind. The weather will turn cold and windy, Hinson said.

NC DOT is advising drivers to stay off the road, but for those who have to drive today, conditions will be most favorable this afternoon, Hinson said.

Sunshine should hit salted roads and melt some of the snow this afternoon, but roads will refreeze tonight as temperatures fall to 10 degrees or lower. The risk of black ice is higher tonight than last night, Hinson said.

Winds tonight could also cause power outages as lines snap and trees fall, Hinson said. 

Good morning from Saluda NC!!  about 10.5" which seems to match official reports...  Currently at 25˚ with a 5 mph wind out of the north  Hope others are have a great day too... wife made Sausage Gravy and biscuits this morning with eggs and some stout coffee!!!  phone pics to follow, if I can figure out the tapatalk app..

2 minutes ago, The Alchemist said:

Good morning from Saluda NC!!  about 10.5" which seems to match official reports...  Currently at 25˚ with a 5 mph wind out of the north  Hope others are have a great day too... wife made Sausage Gravy and biscuits this morning with eggs and some stout coffee!!!  

You're killing me !!! Minus the coffee, that sounds tremendous.  Congrats on the snow !

2 minutes ago, AsheCounty48 said:

Well, before I head out to sled and probably not be on here much because of the warm pattern coming up, just wanted to say it was fun reeling this baby in with you guys the past two weeks! Looking forward to the next one!

Same here Ashely. We'll get another one before the winter's over. :snowing:

As stated above the mountain empire and blue ridge foot hills did great with this storm. Wide array of totals here in Franklin County,  VA with 7 to 10 inches common. Thanks again for the pbp as it helped with expectations up here. Congrats to all who cashed in. Now it's time to go enjoy this winter wonderland, stay safe and have fun guys.

Well, before I head out to sled and probably not be on here much because of the warm pattern coming up, just wanted to say it was fun reeling this baby in with you guys the past two weeks! Looking forward to the next one!

Agree! Just a little bit of freaking out :)
My location for once got just what was forecasted and shown leading up on models. It is a fluffy type. Took us 30 mins to pack down the damn hill. However, should be ready to go come dawn!
Now time For chili beans, beer and football!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6 hours ago, SnoJoe said:

Great. Finally figured out how to post pics using Tapacrap and they're upside down. Done.

Fixed them right up for you Brother !

Get your 'long range' view if possible.... Always a classic !

ndVmGrE.png

KMHjowX.png

On image, I always use my IPhone, IPAD or desktop IMGUR App to upload them there, then post the IMGUR link in our forum.

Enjoy the Day.   It's a CLASSIC !

Archived