joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
2016 Mountains & Foothills Fall & Winter Thread

nchighcountrywx

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Remember when you guys were worried because the euro wasn't on-board? The euro has been an average model ever since they did that upgrade 5 years ago. Gone are the days when the euro consistently beat the gfs like it did in the winters of 09-10 and 10-11. Wave the flag folks!

17 minutes ago, franklin NCwx said:

Remember when you guys were worried because the euro wasn't on-board? The euro has been an average model ever since they did that upgrade 5 years ago. Gone are the days when the euro consistently beat the gfs like it did in the winters of 09-10 and 10-11. Wave the flag folks!

Yeah the GFS did the best I think. It found the storm 10 days out or so. It did lose it and kind of looked like crap for a couple of days but it redeemed itself in the last 24 to 48 hours for us big time. The euro never showed these totals for us. 

58 minutes ago, calculus1 said:

Nice, strong!  My pics are apparently too large of files to upload to either this site or imgur, but I measured exactly 8 inches in multiple places on the floor of the deck.  Still snowing.  Pretty amazing.  I think this is the largest snowfall my kids have ever seen.  The Feb 2014 and Dec 2010 snows were big too in our backyard, but just slightly less than what we have today despite what the NWS Past Events page shows.

Same here (got a 7 and 2 year old) Added 2.5" since 1:30am. Looking to pick up more as it wrings out. 

The deform band is heading my way. Tiny flakes a flying an picking up. Hoping to cash in as the movement goes more S-n 

7 minutes ago, strongwxnc said:

Same here (got a 7 and 2 year old) Added 2.5" since 1:30am. Looking to pick up more as it wrings out. 

The deform band is heading my way. Tiny flakes a flying an picking up. Hoping to cash in as the movement goes more S-n 

You should be about to get hit!!!

0cf213029c07985371dc4a7bd80dfe43.jpg

1 minute ago, strongwxnc said:

It is here. Greast rates and larger Flakes. Time to take the kids out and go walk back up the hill, up the hill, up the hill... and up the hill :)

Congrats! Love to see you get it. You pay a lot of dues and don't get rewarded as much as the folks up in the Mnts do. Really happy for you and the kiddos.....have fun.

Archived