Newest Member
    Toothache
I'll see you in September

J Paul Gordon

• Replies 771
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Even if that airmass modifies, that's an awesome delivery. Best airmass of the season to come.

Could issue a -KFS (or -DIT) Watch for AMWX....the index has been wanting to switch modes for a couple weeks now as warmth no longer seems desired.  But it'll take a good cool down to finally fully flip the index for the cold season.

1 minute ago, powderfreak said:

Could issue a -KFS (or -DIT) Watch for AMWX....the index has been wanting to switch modes for a couple weeks now as warmth no longer seems desired.  But it'll take a good cool down to finally flip the index for the cold season.

If the cold doesn't modify I fully expect some posts asking what the chances are for flakes making it to the higher terrain of NE CT. After that it's back to your regularly scheduled torch and drought.

4 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Could issue a -KFS (or -DIT) Watch for AMWX....the index has been wanting to switch modes for a couple weeks now as warmth no longer seems desired.  But it'll take a good cool down to finally fully flip the index for the cold season.

He's already hinting at the switch via texts. 

21 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

All you have to do is read my sig. That's when we switch seasons. When sig changes

Ehh, the avatar change and when folks post cooler obs the "glad we don't live there" posts stopped a while back after high frequency use all summer.  There's just a feeling when you post about warmth right now that you aren't fully in the game.  The switch has started.

operation Euro doing ginormous mass field flips run to run...

00z has unceasing monster SE ridge with well above normal temps in the extended

12z ...just about precisely opposite;  frost an easy bet with days likely hold up 57-like ... 

I agree, but it only is more recent - maybe it's just time?  the modeled-timbre of the current song sort of reminds us of those dimming days and the smell leaf fall. kind of like that one tune never lets you forget about some b**ch that's married into money and fame, who actually made the right decision leaving you in your hour of mediocrity.. (don't worry, she doesn't deserve you - right?)

west pacific is active.  

Great to see that autumn will come this year. From what I was getting on the WDIT stations, I thought we had entered a neo-Miocene Climatic Optimum Sudden Instant Climate Flip. To think I actually told my wife to get rid of all those bulky winter clothes and buy more flip flops.

PS I'm glad Kevin is on this forum. Fun to read his stuff and all the responses to it. Sometimes we get some good meteorlogical/climatological discussion emerging out of it.

Real weather question: Does this look like a real flip to fall or is it a mere blip in the overall AN regime? I know that there are plenty of nuances to be taken into account, but is a pattern change or a lucky incursion?

Archived