Newest Member
    SnowHabit
August 2016 Discussion/Obs

dmillz25

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
35 minutes ago, psv88 said:

Not supposed to be this hot on the island. Where the hell is my sea breeze  (I know it's early for it)

I'm sitting right in the beach under an umbrella and it's still unbearable. The sea breeze is very light even here and has allot of west in it which is never a good thing. You would have been. So much better off having it last weekend 

7 minutes ago, Rtd208 said:

Crazy stuff going on down there in LA, incredible rainfall totals and flooding.

The Euro takes that system just to our north and west Tuesday night into Wednesday. While it keeps the heaviest totals in upstate NY and

New England, it drags a piece of the moisture plume through here with enhanced heavy convection potential.

1 minute ago, bluewave said:

The Euro takes that system just to our north and west Tuesday night into Wednesday. While it keeps the heaviest totals in upstate NY and

New England, it drags a piece of the moisture plume through here with enhanced heavy convection potential.

Certainly something to keep an eye on, it looks like there will be chances for convection each day through Thursday.

1PM Sizzle Roundup;

TEB: 94 / 74 / 104
NYC: 94 / 75 / 105
EWR:  94 / 75 / 105
LGA:  96 / 72 / 105
JFK: 91 / 79 / 108
ISP: 91 / 78 / 106
New Brnswk: 94 / 79 / 110  
BLM: 95 / 79 / 111
TTN: 93 / 78 / 108
PHL: 93 / 76 / 105
ACY: 96 / 75 / 109

There is quite a bit of thunder occurring from this little cell that just popped along a weak boundary over the north shore / Smithtown Bay.  we are right on the edge, southern half of the sky is clear, norther half is dark.  Temp here is 96...would love a little rain but it looks like the boundary (possibly weak ocean sea breeze) might be pushing north into the sound.

You might have to uncheck the counties layer to see it...it's right on the white border:

http://radar.weather.gov/radar.php?rid=OKX&product=N0R&overlay=01100011&loop=yes

9 minutes ago, NorthShoreWx said:

Florida has been coming to mind for a couple of days now.

The North Shore has been producing the NE version of the FL sea breeze front convection since Wednesday with dew's in the mid to upper 70's.

I can see really skinny CB towers to my north.

WUNIDS_map.gif

2 minutes ago, bluewave said:

The North Shore has been producing the NE version of the FL sea breeze front convection since Wednesday with dew's in the mid to upper 70's.

Yup, it's been a daily feature.  Unfortunately we've gotten only a little rain out of it.  The other thing I was thinking is with water temps south of LI around 78 degrees, there wouldn't be much to weaken a hurricane coming up the coast.  Good thing the Atlantic is dead.  I hope it stays that way.

7 minutes ago, NorthShoreWx said:

Yup, it's been a daily feature.  Unfortunately we've gotten only a little rain out of it.  The other thing I was thinking is with water temps south of LI around 78 degrees, there wouldn't be much to weaken a hurricane coming up the coast.  Good thing the Atlantic is dead.  I hope it stays that way.

That was quite a dump of heavy rain the other day over the Sound to the North Fork. Even if there was some hail contamination, looks like an

area of the sound may have seen 3-5 of rain in a short time from radar estimates. A person on the North Fork called into one of the local

NYC news stations and said it was the heaviest rainfall rate that they ever saw out there when the flash flood warning was issued.

18 minutes ago, NorthShoreWx said:

Not too often you see this kind of juicy stuff right on our doorstep.

athhp.gif

2016225atsst.png

Archived