joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
July 2016 Obs

• Replies 560
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 7/27/2016 at 8:39 AM, Avdave said:

It is gorgeous out there on that island. Glad you seem to be doing well out there too. Which hike have you done so far?

Diamond head. Great view of the city up there at the top. 

87, sunny. Winds sustained at 25mph gusting to 35mph. These tradewinds are stronger than Darby besides when we had the thunderstorms setup over us giving us tropical storm force gusts.

Am I crazy, or wasn't today supposed to have some not decent rain coverage in central NC?  Both WRAL and the NWS seemed to say so.  I remember watching the WRAL forecast video yesterday evening and Mike Moss mentioned an Upper-Level Low which could help with rain chances.   But yet today has had the least coverage all week it seems.  Is anyone else puzzled?

26 minutes ago, cbmclean said:

Am I crazy, or wasn't today supposed to have some not decent rain coverage in central NC?  Both WRAL and the NWS seemed to say so.  I remember watching the WRAL forecast video yesterday evening and Mike Moss mentioned an Upper-Level Low which could help with rain chances.   But yet today has had the least coverage all week it seems.  Is anyone else puzzled?

No the wall of light rain "front" was suppose to get really close today...NC mountains right now....with associated debris clouds limits instability esp west in NC morning through afternoon which in return provides no outflow boundaries for storms to get going in central NC. This was not the case yesterday when it was far enough west to get storms going in the mountains then foothills/Piedmont Triad.

1 hour ago, Solak said:

Dry heat today... 97/73=108

LOL yeah same PGV actually had the DP get down to 72, I dont think its been that low in 4-5 days.....heat index only topped out at 113 then it mixed up a bit and hung out around 100-105. 

96L looking good......might actually give us something else to watch for a while

http://www.ssd.noaa.gov/PS/TROP/floaters/96L/flash-rb-short.html

4 minutes ago, jburns said:

Awoke to a bright blue sky which means much less humidity.  Taking advantage of it to mow my yard.  Halfway through and taking a water break in the air conditioning.  

Yeah its sad that it feels "nice" outside right now lol, I went out to get lunch and its much less humid feeling, temps are mid 80's to 90 across most of NC/SC and DP's are in the low to mid 70's so its only a tad bit oppressive outside. 

This loops shows the your area getting a nice cloudless hole thanks to NW flow 

http://www.ssd.noaa.gov/goes/east/wfo/rah/mflash-vis.html

38 minutes ago, downeastnc said:

Yeah its sad that it feels "nice" outside right now lol, I went out to get lunch and its much less humid feeling, temps are mid 80's to 90 across most of NC/SC and DP's are in the low to mid 70's so its only a tad bit oppressive outside. 

This loops shows the your area getting a nice cloudless hole thanks to NW flow 

http://www.ssd.noaa.gov/goes/east/wfo/rah/mflash-vis.html

Looks like the worst of the heat and humidity is confined to areas south of 264 and east of 95. 93/79 here. Not as bad as yesterday but still uncomfortable.

5 hours ago, buckeyefan1 said:

CAE's average daily high so far for July is 100 degrees :(   

Simply incredible, even for CAE. It has indeed been downright hot, even for you guys. Looks like you'll be right back up there today too, though you seem to have plateaued at 95 over the past couple hours so maybe you'll be a little short.

Just got a quick cloud over and 20 minute burst of rain here dropped the temp down to 76 from 88. Only problem is it's gonna get MEGA Sticky when the sun comes back out - unbearable. 

21 hours ago, metalicwx366 said:

Diamond head. Great view of the city up there at the top. 

87, sunny. Winds sustained at 25mph gusting to 35mph. These tradewinds are stronger than Darby besides when we had the thunderstorms setup over us giving us tropical storm force gusts.

Awesome did that a few years ago in 2013. Totally different climate inside the volcano ring, that is for sure. Was a great hike though. 

Today is cooler back here but anything less than what we have been having is cooler. Still hot. More puffy clouds out there as well. Best rain chances ahead are on sunday likely

DSC_0099.JPG

DSC_0098.JPG

Archived