Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Possible 3/20-3/21 Coastal Storm

Zelocita Weather

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If this was football, the EPS would be overatted. It's been wrong multiple times, and less than 48 hrs ago had 2 feet plus for NW sections. Wouldn't be riding it, especially for this complex storm.

What would you ride ? 

RGEM

GEFS

UKMET

CANADIAN ? 

Let me know, so I can post it . 

What am I missing. ..nam gfs and euro are nothing to light wet snows...yet once again people rally around the snowier models and disregard the big 3

Evidently a lot 

The big 3 are the Euro/UKMET/GFS.

Here you go  ,

gfs-ens_apcpn24_eus_8.png

PA_000-060_0000.gif

56edbff6ee0bc_eps_qpf_m_nyc_10MARCH19CLO

I will ignore the snowier models such as the Canadian and the NAVGEM since they suck . But I will not ignore the " big 3 " 

EURO on LI 

Hour 42

850`s -3

BL 32

.3 FALLS

Hour 48

850`s - 7

BL 31  

.3 FALLS 

That`s better than light wet snow 

In case anyone hasn't noticed, as sometimes happens, significant discrepancies exist between the NWS office in NYC and Philly, with the NYC office issuing advisories for 2-4" of snow from just east of NYC through central Suffolk County and a watch for eastern LI for 4-7" of snow; they also predict 1-3" for NYC and most of NE NJ. 

In contrast, the NWS in Philly, on their snowfall map has nowhere with more than 1", even in areas adjacent to the NYC office counties. They also don't have the 4-6" amounts or even the 2-4" amounts on LI extending SW into Monmouth/Ocean, which I would expect, if they were being consistent. Difficult for both to be correct, unless coastal NJ is just warm enough for mostly rain, which is possible, as it's further south and temps will be borderline. Usually, they correct these before issuing forecasts, but not always, especially this far in advance. 

Anyway, here are the maps...

StormTotalSnowWeb1.png

StormTotalSnowWeb.png

Archived