joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
One last Cape Cod Crusher March 4-5

rnaude241

• Replies 525
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Even the 12km NAM brings heavy snow onto the Cape and ACK.

The 12km NAM might give you 2 inches of snow.

It's not impressive. the 4km NAM is what you have to hope for. RGEM is very unimpressive as well...even more unimpressive than the 12km NAM.

This storm becomes super organized rapidly as it gets off the NC coastline, which is why if the track of the surface low is more northeastward it would make sense as a more powerful storm heads further northward.  The storm as some have said earlier that it looks really concentric with equal winds all around its center with 80 knot winds on the western side of the wind field.

Yeah I saw the OES signature. Definitely could be a couple of decent bands, and you have a little seeder-feeder above too.  But overall...not to bust your bubble James...but I may want a little more than the 4KM NAM. I mean even a hint at it....I'm not saying all models crush the Cape, but give me a little more than the 4Km NAM. The one thing that has been on guidance is a separate area of weak mid level deformation as seen on the NAM. That could allow for a band or two...but I'm not sure it argues for being aggressive,

Scott the GFS is coming in now, and through 18 hours at H5 it looks like the arctic jet energy is diving further into the pacific jet trough allowing a more northward movement.

I am not seeing that. If anything, the GFS looks southeast through 30 hours vs 06z run.

The GFS shows potential convective feedback as H5 moves northeastward and surface jumps eastward to convection, we had the same problem with the Blizzard of 2016, where the models outside of 24 hours showed a strong eastward push at the surface while it ended up moving more northeastward, I think we are dealing with the same facts with this system as well, the Gulf Stream can be a tricky entity.

The GFS shows potential convective feedback as H5 moves northeastward and surface jumps eastward to convection, we had the same problem with the Blizzard of 2016, where the models outside of 24 hours showed a strong eastward push at the surface while it ended up moving more northeastward, I think we are dealing with the same facts with this system as well, the Gulf Stream can be a tricky entity.

This one's not coming back.

Hope for some outer deform bands to get you 2-3"...but the big blizzard idea for the Cape is mostly gone.

Archived