Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Winter Storm-Upstate NY-2/15-2/16

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Awesome looking storm for WNY!  Here on the eastern end of Upstate, a light freezing drizzle still occurring.  Temps have slowly worked their way up to near 30.  The warmth should flood in soon to melt the little bit of crud that has fallen. 

Quite impressive temperature inversion happening right now though.  Vermont and the Berks have shot up into the 50's while ALB and GFL are still below freezing.  More than a 20 degree difference.  Temps have spiked into the 50's in the HV well south of Albany however, so its just a matter of time.

Yeah, too much model mania last night. You can't live and die with every successive model run (especially those meso models) that comes out, especially that close to an event.

I'm interested to see if anyone in the Rochester area reaches 24". I thought it was extremely unlikely, but some of the numbers that have been reported so far are pretty impressive. No way I'm going to make it out here, was only at 9" at 10 am. West side is the wrong side again, I guess!

I'm interested to see if anyone in the Rochester area reaches 24". I thought it was extremely unlikely, but some of the numbers that have been reported so far are pretty impressive. No way I'm going to make it out here, was only at 9" at 10 am. West side is the wrong side again, I guess!

I'm on the east side in Webster and we're approaching 20"...

Just measured 14-15" on the ground on the west side of roc. So we probably got 18 new inches if you factor in settling. I also Drove 125 miles around Monroe county and dug out/pushed out a dozen stuck cars over the course of the morning. A really nice event for this area.

My backyard....looking lovely!

post-912-0-82753000-1455643756_thumb.jpe

Archived