Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Winter Storm-Upstate NY-2/15-2/16

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Alright mother F'ers! Giddy up! I'm gonna keep track of Irondequoit snow (think just north of Kroc) by measuring against my beat ass Webber grill. Only 1/2" of this is new, most from old events, as of 1am. Let's Roll. Pics to follow.

Don't measure there please...Clear the snow now on a level area 10 by 10' would be sufficient. Measure it every 6 hours and clear that spot if you could to get a good measurement. That grill is a terrible spot for measurement.

Don't measure there please...Clear the snow now on a level area 10 by 10' would be sufficient. Measure it every 6 hours and clear that spot if you could to get a good measurement. That grill is a terrible spot for measurement.

Don't insult my beat ass grill. It's sensitive. I think it makes a real nice image. I could put an old boot next to it, would that help?

It's a now cast event now anyway. I'm gonna enjoy this. It was touch and go all day for Rochester points East. Until the LP falls started moving a tick or two east down in the Deep South. I like where almost all of us stand. The coverage on most models has expanded considerably. This storm will still have a few tricks up it's sleeve and could still break a weenies heart. But damn, I can't really remember a better setup for WNY. Not for a long time. I'll be pouring over radar, satellite, 700 and 900 temp profiles all night.

You too Tim?

I still think we could still see some enhancement from the Lake.

Could this be our biggest storm in 17 years. Hey maybe we can get some thunder snow. One can only hope

I don't think so. 2008 brought 20-30 synoptic inches across WNY. That will be tough to beat, and Rochester has had many big hits from synoptic systems. March 2014 brought 20-22" in Roc Suburbs. And I'm sure I'm missing a few others.

Archived