Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
2015/16 Winter Banter, Complaint, Whining Thread - Part 2

Powerball

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

during the summer it's just me, thundersnow, hoosier, cyclone, geos, and stebo

Chicagowx occasionally drops in if he isn't busy dealing with an on going flooding situation

Pretty much, though if we were to have an active severe season for once in the summer, we'd probably have more posting. It has been a while though since we did.

There was no reason for me to pop in this past summer from basically July through September nothing happened around here. I would check out every now and then but what are we talking about 82 and sunny?

Did the bolded even happen in June 2015?

It probably did, but of course with most of the days being overcast (cloudiest June on record) and rainy (one of the wettest Junes on record), it would obviously be overlooked.

Well, I know one thing...the next time I hear that we're heading into a strong El Nino winter I'll know we're in for a top-tier winter for pure disappointment.  Take away that freakish Nov system and we'd be shooting for futility records at this point.  Kind of wish we were, as at least then we'd have something to show for.  Oh well.  3 out of the last 5 winters were well below normal, so maybe we've put some good karma in the bank for the next few winters.   :cliff:

There's a few more posters around here in the spring and summer. I know DLL and Bo stop in from time to time.

The list is a lot of shorter though.

This winter would have been worse than 11-12 if it wouldn't have been for the November snowstorm. Sleet storm was awesome, but it was sleet not snow.

A couple of kids at a "needy" age (not meant to be negative...love em both) has really slowed my roll here. Less time for really digging into stuff unless it's a bigger event. Lack of time has also made me even more IMBY centric. Although tracking that east coast bliz was fun.

I'm ready for either piles of snow or some warmth...end of the day it doesn't matter what I want, but this has been my mood for the last few days.

Even then not all of us cashed in on the freak November storm, granted I did get 3" (our biggest snowfall of the season) places just north did far better.

Its been pretty bad, with just 1 WWA, and no winter storm warnings issued, it's on par with 2011-2012.

Oh well, just glad to get a major clunker out of the way. Plus my son was born last week, so kinda glad we're not getting rocked with major cold and snow right now, getting the little man out in that would not be fun.

Meh

Hey, you are still around.

Even then not all of us cashed in on the freak November storm, granted I did get 3" (our biggest snowfall of the season) places just north did far better.

Its been pretty bad, with just 1 WWA, and no winter storm warnings issued, it's on par with 2011-2012.

Oh well, just glad to get a major clunker out of the way. Plus my son was born last week, so kinda glad we're not getting rocked with major cold and snow right now, getting the little man out in that would not be fun.

Congrats

Well, I know one thing...the next time I hear that we're heading into a strong El Nino winter I'll know we're in for a top-tier winter for pure disappointment. Take away that freakish Nov system and we'd be shooting for futility records at this point. Kind of wish we were, as at least then we'd have something to show for. Oh well. 3 out of the last 5 winters were well below normal, so maybe we've put some good karma in the bank for the nex7t few winters. :cliff:

I didn't realize it was 3 out of 5 for you. We have only had below normal snow once in the last 8 years (2011-12) before this year. The law of averages will hit soon and you will be buried

It's possible that the seMI streak of AN snowy winters just ended.

It was due.

Well, I know one thing...the next time I hear that we're heading into a strong El Nino winter I'll know we're in for a top-tier winter for pure disappointment.  Take away that freakish Nov system and we'd be shooting for futility records at this point.  Kind of wish we were, as at least then we'd have something to show for.  Oh well.  3 out of the last 5 winters were well below normal, so maybe we've put some good karma in the bank for the next few winters.   :cliff:

Wasn't the winter of 2013-2014 one of the coldest and snowiest in history? I think that bank was already cashed out.

Like Josh said, your current streak is only at 3. Overall, you've been on a nice run though.

Yeah. 2007-08 thru 2010-11 were 4 consecutive above normal winters, and 3 of those 4 were in the top 10 all time! Then the one below normal (2011-12), which while a totally sucky winter was not even in the all time top 20 for snowless, then another 3 straight above normal, including the all time grand prize in 2013-14.

It is completely unrealistic to think such runs will keep up, but it is possible that the number of snowier winters may be increasing.

Archived