Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Feb 8-9th Miller Boom or Bust Disco

Bob Chill

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not really a cave, it has its max precip in southern Virginia while the GFS has it in Southeastern PA.  They miss us in different ways.

It's weird how the trough spits out a couple pieces on the euro. It's a long duration event with no amplification. Unsettled conditions overhead for quite a long time with little to show for it. 

Which makes you wonder if a meeting in the middle is the outcome.

Interesting differences in the European models vs NA.

There is no real consolidated piece of energy in the broad trough. The precip maxes the models are spitting out in random places each run seem to align with the inverted trough. We do so well with Norluns in these parts.

Not really a cave, it has its max precip in southern Virginia while the GFS has it in Southeastern PA. They miss us in different ways.

split the difference :). Problem is each run lately we are moving more and more away from any real organized synoptic scale development and towards a weird meso scale event from a norlun type feature and vorts passing through the trough. Similar to that 2009 thing that was mentioned a few times. Good luck trying to pin that crap down. Would be like predicting where pop up thunderstorms will develop 3 days out.

split the difference :). Problem is each run lately we are moving more and more away from any real organized synoptic scale development and towards a weird meso scale event from a norlun type feature and vorts passing through the trough. Similar to that 2009 thing that was mentioned a few times. Good luck trying to pin that crap down. Would be like predicting where pop up thunderstorms will develop 3 days out.

Same exact thoughts. Barring a miracle that something organized comes together, we're just seeing meaningless oscillations in the grand scheme. I do like the euro slp track. I should say "tracks" because it's showing 2 little pieces rolling through.

Where the most precip falls is anyone's guess and will probably wobble around guidance until the event is unfolding. Your area has the best chance at accum snow regardless of qpf totals. Temps are a glaring issue in my hood unless I get lucky with during the 6-12z tues timeframe. At this point if I measure more than an inch it will be a win

Exactly! 

Not sure how useful they are at this range but the euro ens look half decent I'm general. Supportive of an "event" and not a total bust.

Kinda of a shame about the involvement with the first low. A bit of a strange evolution with the first low as well. Just seems to devolpe out of nowhere and rapidly intensify. If it was completely off the playing field we probably would be looking at a widespread really nice event. I'm sure there still would've have been the usual caveats because we aren't dealing with the best temperature situation.

Archived