• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Feb 8-9th Miller Boom or Bust Disco

Bob Chill

The 18z and the 00z are pretty much the goal post of possibilities with 18z the worst case...non event and 00z the best case. Crazy. Let's see if the GFS keeps it going tonight.

kind of looks like the euro from last night but more north with the qpf distribution. Euro last night had some 1 inch liquid amounts south of DC

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I guess we need to start believing that the stripe will be fairly prolific even if small. Somebody might do fairly well. Who get the goods is guessworthy at best.

Right now the conundrum is temps are bad where the best precip falls. I could easily see an area with lower precip totals putting up the biggest snow totals.

NAM P-Type radar argues that its snow during the day Tuesday

There is going to be a norlun, that is a lock. Where that sets up will honestly be a nowcasting event.

Feb 2009 there was a norlun over Philly....Most models had us in the .4-.5 range.....parts of S Philly and S NJ got like 10-12" because a heavy band sat over tyherm for like 3-4 hours. You never know with these things. 

Looks like 00z RGEM is further east as well with the giant low... no big storm for NYC

That was my benchmark for keeping us in the game. I simply noticed that any run the last few days that crushes nyc with the coaatal ends bad for us. The storm staying east of nyc by no means locks a good result for us, plenty of runs missed nyc and still found a way to miss us either south like today's euro or north like 12z gfs but at least we are still in the game.

There is going to be a norlun, that is a lock. Where that sets up will honestly be a nowcasting event.

Feb 2009 there was a norlun over Philly....Most models had us in the .4-.5 range.....parts of S Philly and S NJ got like 10-12" because a heavy band sat over tyherm for like 3-4 hours. You never know with these things.

So I guess we have to ask ourselves....do we feel lucky. Well,...do we {punks}?

Marcus lives on Ebbvale Road too. I snore.

Yea funny story about that. Years ago when we used to chat on eastern I knew he lived in this area and he had described a feature of his property that is fairly unique. We moved into a house on top of the ridge here back in May and I just realized a few weeks ago when taking a walk on one of our nicer days that his house is literally like 6 houses down the mountain from me. I have no idea if he still lives there though, I know he was considering moving back to the plains at one time and we lost touch when the whole eastern thing blew up. I Stayed out of that, I get along with everyone and want to keep it that way. Life's too short.

Hell...Psu ...I might come for 350' extra ...lol.

amazing micro climate here and we get just dumped with precip rain and snow. The only thing that sucks is the wind. We're right on top of dug hill ridge and the views are amazing but my god it shakes the house when the wind gets going. And if it's a dry snow like jan 22 and windy then half my snow will blow into the trees. That's why I like wet snow more.

Archived