• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Feb 7-10th stalled out/meandering low pressure system potential.

dmc76

• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh, definitely... the snow factor was purely for jokes.

Yeah I know. :D

Not exactly sure why the city was founded there. I do know Chicago was started where it is because it was short portage from the Great Lakes to the Mississippi River basin. Trade hub

Back on topic- 0z NAM still showing that snow hole.

namconus_asnow_ncus_27.png

Locking in my call of 2-4" for Toronto. Bust potential is more likely on the high side than low me thinks.

Here in London, think we could get 6-8" from the synoptic, especially if the prime band sets up over us. Models have been trending to keep the best rates just west of us but it'll be close.

Did you see the 00z RGEM?

This one is a head scratcher.  I have no idea what to think about snow chances here.   So many variables, including a warm start and precip type issues and then these areas of 4-6" + lollipops persistently showing up on all the models but moving around with each run.  Every model now has CMH 3"+ but I have zero confidence that we get more than a car topper (and ILN seems similarly unimpressed).     I can't even think of an analog to this set up. 

This one is a head scratcher. I have no idea what to think about snow chances here. So many variables, including a warm start and precip type issues and then these areas of 4-6" + lollipops persistently showing up on all the models but moving around with each run. Every model now has CMH 3"+ but I have zero confidence that we get more than a car topper (and ILN seems similarly unimpressed). I can't even think of an analog to this set up.

With steep lapse rates and a very deep layer of moisture through Wednesday...along with vort maxes rotating around the UL adding some synoptic lift and by Wednesday some moisture from Lake Michigan...I have to think parts of Ohio will certainly see more than a car topper...and ILN being unimpressed doesn't mean a ton IMO. With the convective nature of the snow starting tomorrow evening it'll be hit or miss but I think a few weenie jackpots of a few inches occur in Ohio with this. I just have no idea if you or me will happen to cash in or if it'll be somewhere in between.

Very interesting turnaround....looks like a retrograding Low pressure, with lower Michigan getting most of its snow this week through a synoptic setup rather than Lake effect.

I find it extremely hard to believe that we're going to get completing shutout through Thursday that the nam is suggesting.

I find it extremely hard to believe that we're going to get completing shutout through Thursday that the nam is suggesting.

I wouldn't expect anything more from the NAM. Of course, there is always ONE model that screws an area over...and it often seems to be right.

Oh, and back to the snow OTG topic from earlier today...I never actually got out of my sick bed to look out the window (lol) until now, and there is still about 80% snowcover in my yard.

Archived