• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Feb 7-10th stalled out/meandering low pressure system potential.

dmc76

So less snow now?

Its has always been a marginal setup. The trend lately(with this and previous systems) has been to bring EC systems closer in to the coast. Globals can have a tough time resolving these shifts when compared to the higher res guidance(with better convective schemes). If a further west track occurs, it will focus the +rates west of the GTA. If the clipper tracks too far north, we get slotted.

The clipper will need to be in the perfect position for us to cash in. This is what the 12z EC/GEM show but is it likely? No.

• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its has always been a marginal setup. The trend lately(with this and previous systems) has been to bring EC systems closer in to the coast. Globals can have a tough time resolving these shifts when compared to the higher res guidance(with better convective schemes). If a further west track occurs, it will focus the +rates west of the GTA. If the clipper tracks too far north, we get slotted.

The clipper will need to be in the perfect position for us to cash in. This is what the 12z EC/GEM show but is it likely? No.

Well winter 15-16 goes on......

Anyone else notice the change with the 12km/4km NAM on the TT site the past few days? The rain/snow radar simulation went from way too underdone to way overdone with the new change.

Yes I noticed that too. I think it is now a composite simulation so not intended to show surface conditions. So basically you think you are getting hours of light snow which might be worth something but when you check accumulations it turns out it is a bunch of virga. Sweet.

Spinning upper level lows around the lakes as arctic air feeds slowly in always good for some surprises. LOT going 2-4 over a 48 hr. period. Could be looking at the wintriest week of this El Niño driven winter. For awhile, I'll know it's early February again...if it pans out.

DVN point has < 1/2" for tonight, and the same for tomorrow.  0.1-0.9" call looking golden.  With the convective nature of the snow showers I wouldn't be surprised to see some higher amounts here and there.  However, the timing for this area will not be good, as the best parameters pass through after midnight and are out of here by mid morning tomorrow.  Would have been nice to see this swing through about 9hrs later.

Anyone else notice the change with the 12km/4km NAM on the TT site the past few days?   The rain/snow radar simulation went from way too underdone to way overdone with the new change.  

Yeah I saw the NAM had like 48 hours worth of light snow and only two inches to show for it at Hour 84.  :lol:

I'm liking a 1.5-2.5" call here.

GGEM showing a heavier band just to the west of Milwaukee. For some reason not as much closer to the lake.

acckucherasnowmw.png

Still hoping Toronto pulls off a 6"/15cm snowfall.

acckucherasnowne.png

Yeah I saw the NAM had like 48 hours worth of light snow and only two inches to show for it at Hour 84.  :lol:

I'm liking a 1.5-2.5" call here.

GGEM showing a heavier band just to the west of Milwaukee. For some reason not as much closer to the lake.

acckucherasnowmw.png

Still hoping Toronto pulls off a 6"/15cm snowfall.

acckucherasnowne.png

If they get 3" and change it'll be the winter's biggest snowfall. I think that's the benchmark to aim for. This winter 6" is snowmaggedon. Too greedy.

If they get 3" and change it'll be the winter's biggest snowfall. I think that's the benchmark to aim for. This winter 6" is snowmaggedon. Too greedy.

you know all we need is about 3" officially at CMH for it to be our big daddy this winter.    This might be our best shot till 2016/2017  woot woot!!!!!!

Archived