• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Feb 7-10th stalled out/meandering low pressure system potential.

dmc76

Very picturesque snow this morning. As dmc, a few reports of a solid FOOT in the thumb (and still snowing!). 5-7" in the White Lake, Flint, & saginaw areas as well.

A bit under 2" imby so far, this mornings wetter snow compacted a bit and now its pure sugary powder, roads very icy.

On my drive to work, Farmington Hills had the most, DTW had a bit more than me, and there was a bit of a screwhole around Canton. Appears to be a general 1.5-3" snowfall in metro-Detroit overall. Sugary snow falling and sticking to all paved surfaces now.

4553-800.jpg

4554-800.jpg

Always Canton man lol my hometown 

• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very picturesque snow this morning. As dmc, a few reports of a solid FOOT in the thumb (and still snowing!). 5-7" in the White Lake, Flint, & saginaw areas as well.

A bit under 2" imby so far, this mornings wetter snow compacted a bit and now its pure sugary powder, roads very icy.

On my drive to work, Farmington Hills had the most, DTW had a bit more than me, and there was a bit of a screwhole around Canton. Appears to be a general 1.5-3" snowfall in metro-Detroit overall. Sugary snow falling and sticking to all paved surfaces now.

4553-800.jpg

4554-800.jpg

Nice pics  :snowing:

YYZ with a 1.1" storm total through midnight. I'm guessing the Toronto posters would quarrel that the number's a bit high? lol

Definitely no more total than 0.3" fell here by midnight, but YYZ was on the cusp of a heavier band earlier in the event that the rest of the city wasn't in. 

You notice a difference between Farmington Hills versus your back yard?

There is maybe an inch or so more in FH than mby. I'd say depth there is 3", depth imby 2". This particular snowfall seems quite variable from spot to spot. There seems to be spots in between (parts of canton) that only have 1" depth...but then its right back up to 2" or slightly more at dtw. What is your depth?

I've been at that job over a year now (& will hopefully be until I retire :lol:). It will be interesting to see what kind of differences are seen overall. This year has been kind of a meh winter. They have had more than I have. They had deeper snow afrer the Nov 21st storm but ours was more scenic. They had way more sleet from the Dec sleet storm. January stretch of snow was about the same though they retained a tiny bit more after the rainy thaw, & now they received a bit more yesterday.

Last year, it was continuously deeper imby than in Farmington hills all of Feb into Mar, simply because we cleaned up on Feb 1st downriver. I have yet to see anything earth shattering (like nye 2008...yuck). The biggest difference was probably early Feb last year when I had like 18" otg they had probably 14"

Archived