• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Feb 7-10th stalled out/meandering low pressure system potential.

dmc76

• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They do but I'm graduating this Spring. We need a few more inches this winter to hit our seasonal average (allegedly 15-18") so all things considered this Nino hasn't been terrible here.

Ahh, any plans for graduate school? That could be a wild card where you could end up somewhere snowier like Madison.

Would be exciting to see the Toronto area to get buried by a LES plume.

12z GFS bringing back more snow for eastern WI.

acckucherasnowmw.png

acckucherasnowne.png

NAM shows NW IN/extreme SW MI getting hit pretty good as the low comes down the length of the lake.

acckucherasnowmw.png

BTW, the downscaled ECWMF WRF from wxbell(12km res) had a similar solution with a 1" max over TO. FWIW.

I assume that's the 0z/6 run?

NAM/GFS basically slot us after 0z Tuesday, hence their drier solutions. The juicier models are further south with the mid level low and allow that PVA enhanced area of precip to basically pivot over us. Can't really say one is more correct than the other...we'll just have to wait and see whether one camp trends towards the other.

I assume that's the 0z/6 run?

NAM/GFS basically slot us after 0z Tuesday, hence their drier solutions. The juicier models are further south with the mid level low and allow that PVA enhanced area of precip to basically pivot over us. Can't really say one is more correct than the other...we'll just have to wait and see whether one camp trends towards the other.

Yes that was the 0z run. The EPS members are completely split with the low track. Half are in the south camp and half look GFS-esque. As you said, well have to wait and see.

Sounding for Toronto at hour 60. 4km NAM

Snow will want to come ashore in a band in a more SE direction.

nam4km_2016020612_060_43.73--79.24.png

Geos can never be accused of being ihby-centric.

Don't think LES is going to be a huge factor though. Temps too warm. If this materializes it'll be a byproduct of well place synoptic lift and some upslope enhancement.

There's a strong ridge over the western Atlantic/Newfoundland and as a result, the system will be a very slow mover. Plus, I wonder if Atlantic moisture will be thrown back to the west. If so, QPF amounts could be enhanced.

If you look at low-mid level RH maps, you can see the moisture connection with the W ATL system which bombs out across the gulf stream. Its not that important, but it's there.

Critical thickness on the NAM aren't great, at least earlier in the event. Hopefully the heavier precip rates at this time will help offset it. I think I'll do decent for surface temperatures being away from the lake and up on the escarpment.

Preliminary call is 2-4" for MYB.

My prelim is 3"

The flow on the 18z 4kNAM backs too quickly as the low slips from the UP to Erie, Pa. Convergence is focused along and just west of the escarpment.

EDIT: The 18z RGEM also focuses the heavy returns W as the EC storm tracks further west. The EC storm track is important.

So less snow now?

Archived