SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Storm and Mood Snow Feb 8-11

TalcottWx

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I do think if there's bust potential it's on higher amounts. I know not totally same, but 2013. Models way under did that too. We'll sit back and see

2013 was a retro storm with tremendous east inflow at all levels. This has some east inflow at 700 and NE at 850. What exactly does an historic snowstorm have in common with current modeled event.Practically every snowstorm has an east inflow component.

2013 was a retro storm with tremendous east inflow at all levels. This has some east inflow at 700 and NE at 850. What exactly does an historic snowstorm have in common with current modeled event.Practically every snowstorm has an east inflow component.

Yeah the only comparable aspect is that both storms had a large circulation. In terms of actual u wind anomalies - this storm is pretty meh compared to some of the biggies. 

I'd hit the RGEM with good ratios. I won't however bet against the Euro in this situation.

Well - Euro has had pretty crummy run-to-run consistency. Just my observation, but sometimes the Euro can do funky things when it bounces a lot in one run - as opposed to when it locks into a solution and never really changes. 

Bouchard reminds me a little of Mike Carey CBS Football Ref Advisor

I will never forget when he was forecasting 8-16 inches for Cape Cod back during the January 2005 blizzard. The ole snow to Rain idea with us ending up with minimal snow remaining on the ground. He had the audacity to come on the air after snowfall reports had already been reported throughout Cape Cod to be in excess of 30 inches, and say that we ended up with 12-18.

Even with the most recent storms of 6 inches and 12+ inches, he was calling for ~4 inches for both.

I've seen zero hype..... There is definite potential for serious hazards.

I guess we should just forecast 2 inches and if you get 15 and blizzard conditions just shrug your shoulders and say "oh well"

How about sticking to a winter storm warning for now?

Jesus....no one said go a dusting.

Archived