• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February Banter Thread

H2O

Be nice to him and our other HS kids-- they really want another snow day. :)

I actually thought he was in middle school.

Jesus. Inane, useless posts are fine if you have over 10k posts or are over 40 years old. 

Obviously it was a stupid post that I shouldn't have made, but stuff like that spews out of the keyboards of established members here all the time. It seems as tho if I post anything other than my temp and dewpoint I get shot down. For instance, I pointed out that the profile aloft was ideal for dendrites with the caveat that warm surface temps would prevent high ratios from being realized but was immediately told numerous times that "surface temps have absolutely no correlation to snow ratios" which is completely untrue.

Yeah, I'm 16. Absolutely no shame in that. 

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jesus. Inane, useless posts are fine if you have over 10k posts or are over 40 years old. 

Obviously it was a stupid post that I shouldn't have made, but stuff like that spews out of the keyboards of established members here all the time. It seems as tho if I post anything other than my temp and dewpoint I get shot down. For instance, I pointed out that the profile aloft was ideal for dendrites with the caveat that warm surface temps would prevent high ratios from being realized but was immediately told numerous times that "surface temps have absolutely no correlation to snow ratios" which is completely untrue.

Oh no, we pillory any age.  Your age is irrelevant.  

I think it's great that you are passionate about the weather at such an early age, a lot of us waited too long to pursue any sort of career in it.

I think everybody on this board make stupid, emotionally charged posts on this board sometimes, and you just have to move on.

I think it's great that you are passionate about the weather at such an early age, a lot of us waited too long to pursue any sort of career in it.

I think everybody on this board make stupid, emotionally charged posts on this board sometimes, and you just have to move on.

Of course we do.  Some laugh it off...some whine.  It is what it is.

I actually thought he was in middle school

I didn't even know you were 16 and I'm a "long time" member...so I'm pretty sure most people didn't either.  Ravens is over 40 and established and he gets the sh*t kicked out of him on the reg, so yeah...no

I didn't even know you were 16 and I'm a "long time" member...so I'm pretty sure most people didn't either.  Ravens is over 40 and established and he gets the sh*t kicked out of him on the reg, so yeah...no

Well there's 2.  You got me.  I concede.  

I didn't even know you were 16 and I'm a "long time" member...so I'm pretty sure most people didn't either. Ravens is over 40 and established and he gets the sh*t kicked out of him on the reg, so yeah...no

I love the punishment. Especially when I'm in leather and handcuffs :).

Take a breath. I'm a high school teacher. I wasn't making fun of you--- just pointing out that you and any other student + lots of teachers would be happy with a snow day. 

Archived