joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February 2016 Banter

JoshM

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Worst super bowl in forever. Outside of turnovers not much was happening.

Cam is a great QB but he showboated all year dancing and all that karma came back to bite his ass. I lost some respect on that last fumble.....he didn't even try to get in there to get on the ball with the super bowl on the line.....what a punk move.

Yeah, that totally why they lost the game. Had nothing to do with the Denver defense dominating Carolina's offensive line all nigbt. It was all about Cam's dancing and showboating.

There wasn't even a Budweiser commercial with the Clydesdale horse. Guess political commercials, crappy new cars, and overdone movie franchises were more important.

On that note, since Bud decided it was a good idea to use Seth Rogen along with Amy Schumer to advertise their product, I will no longer buy any of their crap. I am going to forward this same general idea to the company and tell them to literally stop acting like their white-trash beer is any good.

So, why did you buy their white trash beer that wasn't any good before that ad?

Anyways, I have a new weenielog.  Panthers Super Bowl losses are perfectly correlated (with a sample size of 1!) with massive Southeastern snowstorms in late February.  It's going to happen, folks!  :weenie:   :weenie:   :weenie:   :weenie:   :weenie:

Hey, I have one of my feelings about Friday.

gfs_mslp_pcpn_frzn_seus_18.png

some similarities to http://www4.ncsu.edu/~nwsfo/storage/cases/20030123/

So, why did you buy their white trash beer that wasn't any good before that ad?

Here is my response, for some reason I had to "quote it" to get it through.

Well, I used to play a lot of beer /pong.. and bud light ended up being as cheap as Natural Light around here.  So that was the number one reason I got into walking into a store and buying it.

As I got older, they started the 99/55 select stuff (which has super low alcohol percent) so it's worthless to drink to save calories since you need twice as much.

Then even older, I moved on to their lagers and platinum type series.

Let me answer it easily in a survey-type question for you:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Question: How do you feel about Budweiser & Bud Light representing your region of the USA?

Answer:  

- Well, I felt like they believed in American values for the most part.

- They even made a beer with the name "American Lager!"

- They used to have awesome horses and things in their Super Bowl commercials every year.

- Their price keeps going up though, and that makes me think that they are trying to get more money from their loyal customers who respect them as being a good company.. willing to pay more.

Brick, what pisses me off the most is that they had their whole "Superbowl 50 can" thing... the logos and all that.  Then for the first time ever, I didn't see their traditional commercial advertisements during the game.  I felt betrayed, because personally, I bought their product based on tradition.

Please, Brick.  Don't troll me again.  Please don't make me consider you an enemy.  I'm not very nice, and I more than willing to lose my account just to make you feel like crap in real life.  You've gotten a bit more annoying lately on the various weather forums.  I like you, I think you're a good weenie addition to the community.  Just please, don't pull a "mack/kvw" and try to troll me.

Congrats Peyton! What a perfect ending to an incredible career :pimp:

Very well said. Peyton is nothing but class. I couldn't be happier to see him go out on top. Been a fan of his since his Tennessee days!

Cam showed exactly who he was in that fumble. If he got on that ball the outcome may very well have been different. He's a loser and all that flash and crappy attitude lost the game for Carolina. It seems a lot of fans see this, I bet can doesn't and will be the same cocky ***hole next year. He has no heart and will never be a great like Peyton, favre, Brady, ect... He just doesn't get it.

You guys, and everyone else talking about Cam stepping back on that fumble recovery.. you do know he didn't want to slam his other guy jumping on it in the face right?  He most likely felt like if he dove in too, it would pop loose again if the first guy got it, so he held back instead.

Everyone is supposed to dive on it and get control, but I feel like (watching the video footage 300 times) that he trusted the other two to get it back.

You guys, and everyone else talking about Cam stepping back on that fumble recovery.. you do know he didn't want to slam his other guy jumping on it in the face right? He most likely felt like if he dove in too, it would pop loose again if the first guy got it, so he held back instead.

Everyone is supposed to dive on it and get control, but I feel like (watching the video footage 300 times) that he trusted the other two to get it back.

Nah, he's a punk. Him walking out of the press conference was par for the course with him. He needs to learn humility. Denver took his cocky attitude and handed it to him. Peyton is a great example of a leader. Cam may get there one day but has a lot of growing up to do if he wants people to respect him on the level he thinks he deserves.

Cam has no problem being an arrogant ass who won't shut up when he wins but he can't answer the post game questions when he loses? Like I said before, he doesn't get it and may never get it.

Nah, he's a punk. Him walking out of the press conference was par for the course with him. He needs to learn humility. Denver took his cocky attitude and handed it to him. Peyton is a great example of a leader. Cam has a lot of growing up to do if he wants people to respect him on the level he thinks he deserves.

I agree he needs to not celebrate/act cocky as much.  He's young, and dumb.. you know the saying.  Peyton is ancient, of course he is going to be a leader.  I still respect Cam though.  The way I see it is if the other teams don't want him to celebrate and bring some college "umph" to the league, keep him from scoring.  Thats what the Broncos did tonight.

I think calling a young guy with a bright future a punk is crappy... Johnny Manziel is and was the perfect example of a punk.  Not just his recent allegations.. everything with drugs and alcohol.  That right there is a punk.  World in front of him, tossed away.  Browns were too scared to let him go.. until they hear the "domestic violence word".  Another story.

I agree he needs to not celebrate/act cocky as much. He's young, and dumb.. you know the saying. Peyton is ancient, of course he is going to be a leader. I still respect Cam though. The way I see it is if the other teams don't want him to celebrate and bring some college "umph" to the league, keep him from scoring. Thats what the Broncos did tonight.

I think calling a young guy with a bright future a punk is crappy... Johnny Manziel is and was the perfect example of a punk.

Manziel is definitely a punk too. Cam could be great but he likely won't be as he seems to be his own worst enemy. I just don't get it with some of these guys. Give a guy with athletic talent like Newton the command of a guy like Manning and it would be game over. It's up to Cam to get there, not sure he ever will though.

Manziel is definitely a punk too. Cam could be great but he likely won't be as he seems to be his own worst enemy. I just don't get it with some of these guys. Give a guy with athletic talent like Newton the command of a guy like Manning and it would be game over. It's up to Cam to get there, not sure he ever will though.

Times are changing.  The NFL is getting faster, like college.  Younger guys are getting cocky like college.  Nothing to really do about it..  Times are changing in American Football just like everything else.

Shawn, Bud Light is only good for beer pong, and I too was very disappointed about not seeing a traditional Budweiser commercial.

Y'all bring up some good points about Cam. My issues with the guy go back to him going to Florida, then Auburn, two of Geogia's biggest rivals. I like a little showboating in the NFL, but he takes it to another level. The only reason he gets away with it is because Carolina is trying to build a fanbase and sell their product. Any other franchise in a top ten market wouldn't put up with it. He could be the best, but the sulking has got to go.

Shawn, Bud Light is only good for beer pong, and I too was very disappointed about not seeing a traditional Budweiser commercial.

Y'all bring up some good points about Cam. My issues with the guy go back to him going to Florida, then Auburn, two of Geogia's biggest rivals. I like a little showboating in the NFL, but he takes it to another level. The only reason he gets away with it is because Carolina is trying to build a fanbase and sell their product. Any other franchise in a top ten market wouldn't put up with it. He could be the best, but the sulking has got to go.

I haven't caught any of it, but I hear his post game interviews along various media were very sour.  If so, lame.  Give Peyton his career ending Super Bowl!  Cam has plenty of years left if he stays healthy.. to win it.  Peyton was right on the edge and thankfully I respect him a ton.. so I wasn't pissed he won. I think Peyton deserved it in the end of things.

People can spin it how they want, but Peyton might come back next year.. but I bet he will not be the QB.  He will finish his contract out/final season as a mentor at the very best.  Wouldn't be surprised for him to go home after the SB 50 win and spend time with his kids instead.. and in my opinion he should.  After tonight's showing, I respect him even more.  So classy through the entire event.  IF cam was up 2 touchdowns on them with 3-4 minutes left, I feel like he would have showboated.  He was humbled tonight, I hope he learns.

I do feel like him backing away on that fumble, was what I said before... didn't want to risk popping it back out/making it harder/getting hit..  Something like that.  He trusted his guys to get it, just didn't work out.  And when it's all said and done, they would have lost most likely recovering it anyways.

You would have thought that everyone would want to produce the best commercials for #SB50   :(  Instead we got a couple of mediocre ones mixed in with ones that suck and presidential wannabe's smearing their slimy faces across the screen   :angry:   :(

Buckeye, you got the political commercials because you happen to live in SC and there's a primary coming up real soon.  The rest of us in the country didn't have to suffer through those (except maybe Nevada).

Nah, he's a punk. Him walking out of the press conference was par for the course with him. He needs to learn humility. Denver took his cocky attitude and handed it to him. Peyton is a great example of a leader. Cam may get there one day but has a lot of growing up to do if he wants people to respect him on the level he thinks he deserves.

Cam has no problem being an arrogant ass who won't shut up when he wins but he can't answer the post game questions when he loses? Like I said before, he doesn't get it and may never get it.

The only person I see acting all cocky and prideful in this thread is you, Marietta.  Why do you take such joy in someone else's misery?

Congratulations to Peyton Manning on a fantastic career.  It would be a perfect ending to his great career if he were to hang up the cleats after this game.

Congratulations to Cam Newton and the Carolina Panthers on a great season.  While I am disappointed with the SB loss, I will continue to cheer for this great team.  Josh Norman earned a lot of respect from me after his gesture toward Peyton Manning at the end of the game.  I already liked him a lot, but his show of respect for Peyton cemented my feelings about him.

You guys, and everyone else talking about Cam stepping back on that fumble recovery.. you do know he didn't want to slam his other guy jumping on it in the face right?  He most likely felt like if he dove in too, it would pop loose again if the first guy got it, so he held back instead.

Yeah, it's obvious that lithium dude knows as much about football as he knows about weather. His mission is to troll and nothing else. Put him on ignore. Very clear in the replay Cam would have knocked his own player off the ball. 

Buckeye, you got the political commercials because you happen to live in SC and there's a primary coming up real soon. The rest of us in the country didn't have to suffer through those (except maybe Nevada).

The only person I see acting all cocky and prideful in this thread is you, Marietta. Why do you take such joy in someone else's misery?

Congratulations to Peyton Manning on a fantastic career. It would be a perfect ending to his great career if he were to hang up the cleats after this game.

Congratulations to Cam Newton and the Carolina Panthers on a great season. While I am disappointed with the SB loss, I will continue to cheer for this great team. Josh Norman earned a lot of respect from me after his gesture toward Peyton Manning at the end of the game. I already liked him a lot, but his show of respect for Peyton cemented my feelings about him.

People with low self esteem, like to make other people feel miserable , to build themselves up! Lithia fits this description, and the first step to a cure, is admitting there is a problem, so no cure for him! :(

Buckeye, you got the political commercials because you happen to live in SC and there's a primary coming up real soon.  The rest of us in the country didn't have to suffer through those (except maybe Nevada).

The only person I see acting all cocky and prideful in this thread is you, Marietta.  Why do you take such joy in someone else's misery?

Congratulations to Peyton Manning on a fantastic career.  It would be a perfect ending to his great career if he were to hang up the cleats after this game.

Congratulations to Cam Newton and the Carolina Panthers on a great season.  While I am disappointed with the SB loss, I will continue to cheer for this great team.  Josh Norman earned a lot of respect from me after his gesture toward Peyton Manning at the end of the game.  I already liked him a lot, but his show of respect for Peyton cemented my feelings about him.

Classy post as always calc.

Yeah, it's obvious that lithium dude knows as much about football as he knows about weather. His mission is to troll and nothing else. Put him on ignore. Very clear in the replay Cam would have knocked his own player off the ball. 

um...lol...No. two denvers player were easily the closest to the ball...he absolutely should have went for it.

fraidycam.0.gif

lol at the claim he's trolling. He's just repeating what everyone in the division already knew and what the rest of the world finally got to see last night.

um...lol...No. two denvers player were easily the closest to the ball...he absolutely should have went for it.

fraidycam.0.gif

lol at the claim he's trolling. He's just repeating what everyone in the division already knew and what the rest of the world finally got to see last night.

If you will rewatch with clear eyes Ryan Kahil the player he was avoiding gets his hands on the ball  LOL all the Cam hate. That' s

going to hurt you guys for a while and He's not going anywhere.

I'm a Falcons fan and I honestly was rooting for the Panthers tonight. Great season Panthers fan. You have nothing to be upset about.

Are you serious.  Quit trying to win points in this thread, no one cares what you think about the Panthers.  They are probably more hated than NE after the way Cam acted.

Best post you've made all year sir. Props to Denver and a great game plan. The Cam hate.....perhaps some latent tendency's...

Or perhaps people don't like it when someone acts like a 12 year old when they win and lose?

If you will rewatch with clear eyes Ryan Kahil the player he was avoiding gets his hands on the ball  LOL all the Cam hate. That' s

going to hurt you guys for a while and He's not going anywhere.

lol..if that's the delusion you want to tell yourself go right ahead.

and lol..."all the cam hate"...as if he's done nothing to deserve it and he's just some innocent victim. Please.

Archived