Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
February Mid/long Range Winter Discussion

TARHEELPROGRAMMER

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Eps looks more amped than the 0z run this should be good!

Overall, I thought the mean was very similar to 00z run, but yes, a little more amped with the wave....temps were similar.  Ideas of the Op marry with the ideas on the ens mean.

The 12z Euro suite pressed the precip into the cold air a little more / a little quicker than 00z....an obvious plus

Overall, I thought the mean was very similar to 00z run, but yes, a little more amped with the wave....temps were similar. Ideas of the Op marry with the ideas on the ens mean.

The 12z Euro suite pressed the precip into the cold air a little more / a little quicker than 00z....an obvious plus

control looks fairly similar too, maybe a little faster North than the op.

euro ensembles  agree w/ the op with the 15/16th storm. raleigh with close to nada

By day the control has the surface low sitting over bricks house.

I've said it before about these types of systems but if it's already a close call for central NC a week out, we can hang it up. It doesn't matter how cold it gets or how strong of a HP it is if it retreats and doesn't stay in place.

well then I wont even bother looking....I will get another 3-4" of 34 and rain.........maybe PGV can set the record for wettest Feb ever at this rate

Welcome to the club.  Basically, this EPS would clip my area and Columbia, SC with some token flakes if we were lucky.  Not a great track.

Welcome to the club.  Basically, this EPS would clip my area and Columbia, SC with some token flakes if we were lucky.  Not a great track.

With the degree of cold air preceding it, doesn't it seem more likely that it will wind up further suppressed? I mean, obviously I love the look for my area, but I doubt it looks even close to that at 0Z tonight, much less by next Monday. 

By day 8 the control has the surface low sitting over bricks house.

Definitely more amped on the 500 means. It looks good for western posters.

If by western posters you mean the folks in the mts then ya, otherwise its gonna be sleet city or a ice storm at best for everywhere outside the mts with the SLP sitting over the Triangle.....that's horrible....

If by western posters you mean the folks in the mts then ya, otherwise its gonna be sleet city or a ice storm at best for everywhere outside the mts with the SLP sitting over the Triangle.....that's horrible....

I feel pretty certain there's no way the low will track over the Triangle with CAD in place, though.  The track should be over the Pamlico Sound at least, IMO.

Anyways, the control run means pretty much nothing, anyways, so meh.

it's close to the op.

I see the op tracks from Myrtle Beach to Goldsboro.  Still too far west, IMO, but a bit better.  Verbatim, it's a massive cold snowstorm here, though, with a foot+ of snow and temperatures in the low 20s.  That track would typically be mixy here for at least a portion of the storm, though.

Massive snowstorm from BHM to ATL to GSO to CHO, etc.

I see the op tracks from Myrtle Beach to Goldsboro. Still too far west, IMO, but a bit better. Verbatim, it's a massive cold snowstorm here, though, with a foot+ of snow and temperatures in the low 20s. That track would typically be mixy here for at least a portion of the storm, though.

Massive snowstorm from BHM to ATL to GSO to CHO, etc.

at 168 the op Euro has -10 850 over all of wnc. That's very rare.

Archived