• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February Mid/long Range Winter Discussion

TARHEELPROGRAMMER

Warmer trend continued . Nothing to keep it south . By Wednesday it will be an Ohio valley MA special

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, it looks like the piece of PV stays near the lakes and the energy cuts...no 50/50 low keeping it suppressed that I could see. Doesn't cut to the lakes but cuts north overhead.

Hopefully the ensembles keep it south and the good confluence...

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The mean looks a lot like the op temp wise. Are yall talking about storm signal?[/quote

I was just talking about the snow mean for the southeast as a whole through day 8. Huge increase over 00z

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok I'd like to see an increase in the number of suppressed members. Maybe that's what we will see

That's cold...

Ryan Maue ‏@RyanMaue 2h2 hours ago

Heart shaped Arctic pool of extremely cold air on way for next weekend ... Lake Effect snow machine turnt up

CaolLlXVAAAQH0V.jpg

Too bad we get this before and or after precip is around! Looking like it's trying to trend that way, but it will trend colder and SE, as we get closer, I just know it will!

Too bad we get this before and or after precip is around! Looking like it's trying to trend that way, but it will trend colder and SE, as we get closer, I just know it will!

No not at all man this is exactly what I was talking about in January...I cancelled the first two weeks of February. I want to see this cold verify and by week 3 or 4 when we start to climb out of it we will see winter weather outside of the mountains near the tail end. Classic setup IF the cold verifies in duration and severity.

Cool. I apparently forgot about that one. Maybe we can luck into one before winter is out....with a big banana high sitting over the Midwest and northeast.

I recall your area was just south of the dividing line between snow and sleet/rain for a lot of the storm.

The storm was a bit unusual here in that we had a major winter storm with zero rain or sleet, for once. No taint is always nice.

BL temps were at or above freezing for a lot of us as there was no HP to our north. We actually got into the mid to upper 40s that day, but it was snowing by 10 PM. Great pastebomb.

accum.20150226.png

Archived