joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
GHD III possible Winter Storm February 1st-3rd

Thundersnow12

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Overreacting to the gfs with a touch of sarcasm to but I just can't have a ounce of faith the rgem will hold tonight's run in 12 more hrs even.. I think a solution the gfs could be close solution and maybe even bit more west warmer in the end

Yeah pretty much how I thought 12z rgem would roll towards today. Wasn't buying what it was "sniffing" last night

They all trend back southeast this winter within 48 hrs. And they all trend towards elongated junk. Be shocked if low doesn't go right over Chicago when all is said and done.

That's a possible scenario too.

What I see with the NAM is somewhat significant, in that it does not have an amped up system. It's only 999mb in MO.

My guess is that it would travel in line with the direction of where the snow band is pointed into S WI.

namconus_ref_frzn_us_28.png

Looking forward to my rain and wind. I was rooting for the Canadian to verify for Hoosier, but it's not looking good. Congrats to those in IA, WI, southeastern MN, and Northern MI who are going to see some real winter weather.

Would be nice to get a severe threat if we can't get snow but seems like we're both gonna be in no man's land...too warm for snow and too far north to really get deeper into the warm sector.

Seeing the 18z NAM's will be interesting this afternoon. Still a fun storm to track regardless, with all the moving parts.

Just to show what kind of standard deviations we are looking at with the GFS ensembles.

gefs-mnsprd_namer_078_mslp.gif

gefs-mnsprd_namer_084_mslp.gif

gefs-mnsprd_namer_090_mslp.gif

gefs-mnsprd_namer_096_mslp.gif

5-6 inches of snow (or should I say paste) is better than nothing.  Personally, I wouldn't want a foot of paste, especially when there's wind involved.

Please stop.  If you don't want wintry weather, you probably shouldn't be posting in a winter storm thread.  You said the same thing about potential freezing rain a few weeks ago.  We get it.  It makes the thread unreadable.

Please stop.  If you don't want wintry weather, you probably shouldn't be posting in a winter storm thread.  You said the same thing about potential freezing rain a few weeks ago.  We get it.  It makes the thread unreadable.

Come on, now. That's a bit dramatic, beavis. I get what you're saying...but a lot of people say the same thing about ice or strong winds.

Come on, now. That's a bit dramatic, beavis. I get what you're saying...but a lot of people say the same thing about ice or strong winds.

Yeah.  It all boils down to power outage potential (and NOBODY enjoys being without power).  Of course, I do need to think before I post, which is not easy for me to do.

Archived