joxey
GHD III possible Winter Storm February 1st-3rd

Thundersnow12

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

looks like a big brook trout eating the metro

:lmao:

Very, very weird snowfall map. I almost thought the southern streak might have been from the first wave, but it is way too warm.

Alek would get more than I would if that was remotely possible. lol

RGEM has a strong Sunday wave now.

rgem_mslp_pcpn_frzn_us_16.png

Add the 4KM NAM to the idea as well.

nam4km_ref_frzn_us_16.png

Not comforting the rgem now has stronger first wave. Ketchup squirt bottle to gun fight..rgem will not save us.

The RGEM has done a really good job at sniffing out features that other models have missed. Let's give it a chance to prove itself.

I can't support the strong wave idea or knock it yet.

The 12z NMM has a moderately strong wave in MN on Sunday.

The RGEM has done a really good job at sniffing out features that other models have missed. Let's give it a chance to prove itself.

I can't support the strong wave idea or knock it yet.

The 12z NMM has a moderately strong wave in MN on Sunday.

I thought a model or two already sniffed that stronger first wave and don't seem to like the smell of it and are making a squealing left turn away from that smell.

I just thought the consensus was stronger first wave gave us a better chance in the east. If we lose that we lose the battle and I think there's a chance we could be bleeding out it

Yeah, if there is a stronger first wave, the idea is that more cold air would make its way South and would give us a better chance at seeing snow/possibly affecting the path of the Low. So yes there was a consensus, but there is NO consensus on wether or not it is going to be a strong wave at this point imo.

I just thought the consensus was stronger first wave gave us a better chance in the east. If we lose that we lose the battle and I think there's a chance we could be bleeding out it

Yes that is true. A slower ejection of the main wave out of the SW would also be better for us too.

Where are you located anyways?

If you're in northern IL and want snow, you for sure want a strong first wave

I know that haha but I'm saying I can't decide which models to trust and what trends to notice regarding if the first wave WILL be strong or not (as most of us don't know either). Just to clear things up  :lmao:

Caledonia, wi

O ok. Not far at all away.

It's one of those nights of model watching where your left thinking, "what should I believe", or "what just happened!?"

TT map doesn't show the Brook Trout as well, so I'm thinking it's picking up on the marine influence more or less.

gem_asnow_ncus_20.png

O ok. Not far at all away.

It's one of those nights of model watching where your left thinking, "what should I believe", or "what just happened!?"

TT map doesn't show the Brook Trout as well, so I'm thinking it's picking up on the marine influence more or less.

gem_asnow_ncus_20.png

It just shows a baseball player trying to catch baseballs (or snowballs) over the northern plains...

Yes that is true. A slower ejection of the main wave out of the SW would also be better for us too.

Where are you located anyways?

I fear even a slower ejection won't end up better for what she said.. I fear it could still really cut west of us if it wants.. That blocking just doesn't strike me as a brick wall like sometimes

Archived