joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
1/23-24/16 #1 All Time KNYC Snowfall-please add Obs, Accums, Pics

WeatherFox

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You can clearly see it pivoting in the last couple frames. Ringwood back SW to Allentown getting hit with the band now. Probably up to 1.5 to 2.5" per hour now, as it has weakened a bit, but is piling up ! I think NW NJ is the biggest surprise of this storm (besides ALL of us who were NAM'd in a good way:).....Looks like they're going to get 20-25" out there, and it didn't even show that extreme band on the HRRR. 

It's absolutely ripping here. Just looks like clouds of snow are falling from the sky. Absurd. Way, way heavier than radar would suggest.

My experience -- when you are in the "700 mb" enhanced snows, radar does not always depict what's actually happening. You can look like -SN but it's actually tons of small dendrites just "pouring" snow. It opens makes a hissing noise. That's when you know you are in 2"+ per hour!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice!! Even the short term models are not picking up on that insane band out there. Send it west please ? Awesome storm here and the long duration is helping me out, however, I've yet to be under an intense band of snow to put this up with the other top snowstorms i've experienced. 13" here right now

Update. Oh my goodness it just started ripping snow and it has not stopped since then. I honestly estimate 6 inches in the past 2 hours. It is INSANE. This is once in a lifetime folks.

Archived