joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Blizzard of 2016 - Official Obs Thread

mackerel_sky

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yep, roads covered and 28 degrees. About an inch or so down this morning on top of what fell last night.

Whereas we had just swirling flakes and no new accumulation (about 15-20 miles west of you).

Shaded elevated surfaces protected from the wind (aka the back deck) have a thin layer of snow on them.  Gusty winds and the intermittent bright sun have eliminated most of the rest.    All that's left are the blobs stuck on top of grass clumps.

NWF bands are impressive, that's for sure. Although maybe slightly biased high due to drifting, our recent 6 hours snow board measurement put us at 13.7" of snowfall and counting as of 10 am. Snow depth is still 7-10 inches due to sleet, melting, and drifting, though.

We'll probably end around 14-15" of snowfall after NWF snow is done. You can check out UNCA snow pictures on @UNCAWeather.

Glenngary , WV- 40" storm total

The WV panhandle always seems to be the place to be with these big Mid-Atlantic storms.

Looks like where I lived for a few years back in 2004-2007 up in WV picked up 15.8" of snow with this storm, their biggest since the Blizzard of '96.  Damn.  Never saw >6" while I was up there. :lol:

Made it home safe with baby from Rex. Roads were all in good shape. I think it was just warm enough that with driving, and maybe with treatment, the roads were slushy, not slick. The only bad spot was in my neighborhood, and I just took it slow and rolled down the hill at the best angle I could manage, only daring to brake when I hit a dry spot.

Archived