joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 22-23 Storm Threat

Ralph Wiggum

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Glad I went with 1-2' here in Warminster. I could see low end of that range OR high end of that range possibly verifying. I never like going with a range that broad but feel comfy with that call and probably wont adjust it either way at this point unless something drastic changes last second.

Good luck everyone!

How do mets get away with saying 1' - 2'......That's the equivilant of saying 0 inches - 12 inches.

Dunno honestly. That has always been a range used in the past. Blizzard 96 nws call was 1-3' feet.

0-12 is a different probability range than 12-24 fwiw. I'm not a statistics guy tho so someone else will need to chime in.

the media could be partly to blame ,with how they report each big storm like it's the end of the world.    I guess that combined with whatever certain drugs people are on, could make them silly like that.

I'll go w/that to some extent. (older people who need meds) Sad part is...many are just lazy/stupid and not taking meds.

I have 911 on speed-dial....

So when do we really start to lock in on a particular model trend? Or is this a storm that will be a game-time decision?  

I think some trends you can lock in on at this point, like the jackpot area is DC/NOVA,  and that our area will be hit with a substantial snowstorm.  I think the very specific trends, last minute ticks, and meso issues like banding won't be apparent until tomorrow, and even then not always so obvious until it is happening.

heard the parallel euro was out and even farther south than the OP, but since I do not know where to get that model, I will ask someone who does to verify.

Don't know anything about that (and even further south makes it sound like GFS is south when it isnt).

The GEFS members are all further north

EDIT - sorry I see you said Euro not GFS. My mistake

Don't know anything about that (and even further south makes it sound like GFS is south when it isnt).

The GEFS members are all further north

EDIT - sorry I see you said Euro not GFS. My mistake

See above

lol, np. in any event i just saw it, it isn't great, but not that different than the OP Euro. Maybe 10 for PHL, less N and W, more S and E.

Archived