joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 22-23 Storm Threat

Ralph Wiggum

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think if you blended all the models you'd get a 8-14" for Philly...with isolated more...There is going to be a lot of mesoscale banding with this one....

OT; Does anyone want to storm chase with me" I need an answer ASAP. Looking for someone to split hotel/motel costs. I'd pay for gas unless you drive then I'd split. PM me. I'd leave tomorrow morning like 11am ish. PM me !

just to play devils advocate a little, a blend of all the models would give you more than 8-14 in PHL itself.  In fact, I don't think a single model is under a foot.  Even the Euro/GGEM are about 14 inches, and GFS/NAM/UKMET all more.  Not saying it won't end up 8-14, just as of now it is more.

People are starting to "lose it"....

I haven't moved a shovel this year....it's probably dusty? This is good..things are OK.

Agreed, between MA and NYC the entire americanwx server is about to implode! Wow, you would think all the models went ots at the last second lol instead of blizzard watches and warnings from DC to LI

People are starting to "lose it"....

I haven't moved a shovel this year....it's probably dusty? This is good..things are OK.

I got my gas tank filled yesterday and filled the blower literally as the 18z GFS started running, I was that confident in the big storm scenario up here another kiss of death lol

I think if you blended all the models you'd get a 8-14" for Philly...with isolated more...There is going to be a lot of mesoscale banding with this one....

OT; Does anyone want to storm chase with me" I need an answer ASAP. Looking for someone to split hotel/motel costs. I'd pay for gas unless you drive then I'd split. PM me. I'd leave tomorrow morning like 11am ish. PM me !

:yikes:

post-129-0-62659200-1453405153_thumb.jpg

edit: mods feel free to  move to banter

What did I miss?  Is there any model with less than 12 inches for Philadelphia?  Isn't the range around 12 inches on the Euro and CMC, and more than 2 feet on the NAM?  Does the RGEM also have high totals, as does the UKMET?  GFS is 18+ right?  Now I'm hearing 8-14?

Unless something on the majority of models have changed significantly, I would predict 12-18 inches for Philadelphia and it's immediate burbs, with isolated higher amounts in banding.  Did I miss something?

What did I miss?  Is there any model with less than 12 inches for Philadelphia?  Isn't the range around 12 inches on the Euro and CMC, and more than 2 feet on the NAM?  Does the RGEM also have high totals, as does the UKMET?  GFS is 18+ right?  Now I'm hearing 8-14?

Unless something on the majority of models have changed significantly, I would predict 12-18 inches for Philadelphia and it's immediate burbs, with isolated higher amounts in banding.  Did I miss something?

It's possible you missed the gradient north of the city...

How Northern are you talking about? Are the immediate N+W Suburbs close enough to PHL for this storm?

It is close enough but the precip cut off is pretty dramatic and has been dropping south regularly over the last few runs (except for the nam).  I'm 25 miles NE of PHL, and on the last run PHL got 12" and I was about 5".  I'm closer to areas getting 2-3" than I am to PHL.  

Archived