joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 22-23 Storm Threat

Ralph Wiggum

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its a massive hit for SEPA on the GFS!!!  Jackpot again.  can the NAM and GFS be sniffing something out?

I don't really think the NAM and GFS are alike, the GFS is north, but not that north, and nothing like the NAM.  Also not terribly different than 12z.  Except for that weird blob of 3 inches QPF!

RGEM is actually a decent SEPA hit...still snowing after 54 hours. 18z GFS big SE PA hit. The hits continue.

Sent from my LG-V410 using Tapatalk

I'd beg to differ on the RGEM, yes you have to extrapolate, but the storm is already pulling E by the last frame.  Snow in central PA is retreating s/se.  That means the heavy band never makes it north of delaware state line.  PHL only has about 5/6" with not likely much more.  Only .5 qpf falls in center city by that point. Just don't see SEPA getting anything more than 5-10 max (which is still decent, but in relative terms of where we have been the last 24 hours).

That being said if the GFS stays on board with this, I'm good tossing the rgem out.

I think he might be saying the NAM is sniffing out a trend north, which may be so, but it is so overdone i wouldn't use it for more than that.  But I get the point.

that is what I was saying, and actually the precip field on both the NAM and GFS are as close as they have been to this point in our region

Archived