12bet1 net
February Pattern Disco

40/70 Benchmark

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe I'm the only one who sensed sarcasm here

His post lacked the :sarcasm: emoticon.

Nothing like last year obv but that doesn't mean anything. We just need to lookout for chances and hope it breaks right. Snow in our yards is a roll of the dice. Last year it rolled 7/11 for the east consistently. This year, we've crapped out so far. How it goes.

Not as distinctly as he had though. :lol:

We were two days removed form the blizzard and into the freezer by this time last year.

He means a couple of weeks ago.

We didn't get the break that we are having now.

Right...I was saying that tongue in cheek based on the comments above about this being similar to last year minus the storms.  

Scott: generally my posts are sarcastic, which is why I belong in the banter thread lol

We may go into a pretty amped +PNA/-EPO ridge out west for a time after the first few days of Feb. That would be both cold and offer storm chances.

You are obviously at the mercy of nuances in the shortwaves on whether you get hit or not, but that longwave pattern would load the dice in your favor.

We may go into a pretty amped +PNA/-EPO ridge out west for a time after the first few days of Feb. That would be both cold and offer storm chances.

You are obviously at the mercy of nuances in the shortwaves on whether you get hit or not, but that longwave pattern would load the dice in your favor.

Any hope for -NAO?

Right...I was saying that tongue in cheek based on the comments above about this being similar to last year minus the storms.  

Scott: generally my posts are sarcastic, which is why I belong in the banter thread lol

What I meant was the timing of the flip, and yes.....I have already mentioned that we did not see a break last season.

The strat warming has been a little later than what many of us had anticipated, which accounts for the break once the tropospheric precursor response abated after Saturday's blizzard.

Exactly what I mean by retrograding GOA low.

DT is trying to be first as usual, if it fails the list of reasons will be longer than Rays outlook for the entire winter.

He's a little late :lol:

There will absolutely be a storm/blizzard of historic proportions along the east coast this season. Whether it favors the interior, or coast remains to be seen, but someone will have infrastructure paralyzed for a spell of time. The earlier that takes place, the more likely it is to favor the deep interior. I am confident that it will occur within one of the three following windows:

The last week of January, the first 10 days of February, or the first two weeks of March. Perhaps timing may prove erroneous, but an outright failure of this to occur will be considered an abject failure of the Eastern Mass blog as it relates to this particular outlook.

JK

Archived