joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February Pattern Disco

40/70 Benchmark

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Despite the jumping some will inevitably do over the next week, I do like what I see. Big time ridge out west and another bubble north of AK. Might even have the chance of cross polar flow if it works out right. As far as storminess goes, obviously a +PNA favors east coast. It's impossible to say how active it will be, but the overall look is usually favorable for New England.

Despite the jumping some will inevitably do over the next week, I do like what I see. Big time ridge out west and another bubble north of AK. Might even have the chance of cross polar flow if it works out right. As far as storminess goes, obviously a +PNA favors east coast. It's impossible to say how active it will be, but the overall look is usually favorable for New England.

Look forward to the month Feb is clino snow for me. We could throw up a 6 week bonanza of good storms and snow that would be pretty cool. 

Curious as to your thoughts why the Euro weeklies would be so warm with such a decent upper air pattern. I know you don't like to look at 2m temps on lr modeling, but I have a hard time believing that the Euro weeklies are that bad with temps. Or are they? Or we talking about diff periods of time?

Curious as to your thoughts why the Euro weeklies would be so warm with such a decent upper air pattern. I know you don't like to look at 2m temps on lr modeling, but I have a hard time believing that the Euro weeklies are that bad with temps. Or are they? Or we talking about diff periods of time?

Week 3 and 4 were only a little above for your area. The anomalies were a little higher here. I think storm track has something to do with it. It's possible some huggers may be involved? And honestly, week 3 and 4 aren't usually taken verbatim. I like to look more at H5. 

Week 3 and 4 were only a little above for your area. The anomalies were a little higher here. I think storm track has something to do with it. It's possible some huggers may be involved? And honestly, week 3 and 4 aren't usually taken verbatim. I like to look more at H5. 

I could really use a hugger/gradient/miller b pattern....just a conga line of decent systems in February.

What would you use them for?

Comfortable walks from the car to my destination......a little extra sleep owed to not having to scrape frost in the morning.

Engendering thoughts of spring training.....sorry Steve, I know that comment was highly offensive to you.

I have absolutely zero use for cold without snow, so long as it is not hot and humid....remember, I have missed out on the snow that you've gotten.

....and yes, I know that spring is not walking through that door, and I am hoping for, and expecting more snow...but the next week or two blows.

Yeah it's a really nice look post 2/5. Time to catch up on sleep and productivity between now and then.

I'm not buying into the "it looks nice after such and such date". People were saying that end of Dec about how mid-jan was going to turn around. It would be nice if it happens, but in this winter, I'm not falling for it.

I'm not buying into the "it looks nice after such and such date". People were saying that end of Dec about how mid-jan was going to turn around. It would be nice if it happens, but in this winter, I'm not falling for it.

Mid January did turn around.....patterns can not account for individual SW nuances.

If you really want to go there, though...the Feb flip is far more congruent with el nino climo.

I used to do the same thing....he knows better, but is very frustrated.

It has been frustrating and a waste of half of winter. But, all we can do is go by what the pattern looks like after the early Feb torch. It's favorable for New England overall. Nobody can determine any little nuance in the flow that either buries us, brings it west, or OTS. We simply only can comment on the big picture.

Comfortable walks from the car to my destination......a little extra sleep owed to not having to scrape frost in the morning.

Engendering thoughts of spring training.....sorry Steve, I know that comment was highly offensive to you.

I have absolutely zero use for cold without snow, so long as it is not hot and humid....remember, I have missed out on the snow that you've gotten.

....and yes, I know that spring is not walking through that door, and I am hoping for, and expecting more snow...but the next week or two blows.

actually I was asking what could you use the  huggers Coastals Miller B's for. Reading issues this morning?

Sorry, Steve.

I'm at work, and aren't as attentive.

In order to verify, I need to play catch up on NE big time.

Patience grasshoppers we got intercepted to start off the second half after a nice drive with a field goal. Offense is gearing up after a kick off return for a touchdown. We put up a big second half with all cylinders clicking. Carolina type.

Archived