Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
November 20-21 Early Season Snowstorm

Hoosier

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm upping my call to 4" IMBY and sticking to it. I'm so leery of that first storm of the season - been burned so many times before due to a warm lake, warm tongue, warm pavement, warm whatever keeping the precip in liquid or non-accumulating mix form longer than predicted. Geos and north should do better, as will McHenry and Kane Counties.

Finally, my unfortunate prognostication for Alek and the city crew:
JRXYLJ8.png

I'm upping my call to 4" IMBY and sticking to it. I'm so weary of that first storm of the season - been burned so many times before due to a warm lake, warm tongue, warm pavement, warm whatever keeping the precip in liquid or non-accumulating mix form longer than predicted. Geos and north should do better, as will McHenry and Kane Counties.

JRXYLJ8.png

there's like 4" of slush in that cup :)

the canuck did well last winter with vorts dropping down out of canada, gonna ride it all the way to the bank clock

The GEM is a pretty good model. I don't think it gets the respect it deserves on a lot of weather forums. It used to be terrible once upon a time, but it's pretty decent I'd say. It's excellent with precip phase in the short term. I find it waffles a lot in the long range, but it's very decent in the short and mid range.

I'm upping my call to 4" IMBY and sticking to it. I'm so leery of that first storm of the season - been burned so many times before due to a warm lake, warm tongue, warm pavement, warm whatever keeping the precip in liquid or non-accumulating mix form longer than predicted. Geos and north should do better, as will McHenry and Kane Counties.

JRXYLJ8.png

If a Lake band sets up over the county it may really dump on both of us though. A logical guess in that you might get a bit more if your temperatures is slightly lower than at my location.

Archived