joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
November 2015 Discussion

IWXwx

• Replies 701
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the fantasy range on that GFS run is nuts, just a steady plume of heavy rains for the center of the country

would rule so hard if we lock in this pattern for a month or two

I would love for that to happen, it is such a La Nina look through the month right in the middle of one of the strongest El Ninos on record.

I would love for that to happen, it is such a La Nina look through the month right in the middle of one of the strongest El Ninos on record.

Nina for the Northern U.S? Because I know as a Texan that we don't get multi inch rain events during La Nina in the fall.

Nina for the Midwest, yeah. I am more so talking about this month, last month was more Nino as we were very dry up here and the south was very wet.

I'm still on a forum for the Texas and they're still feeling the Nino there, they've been getting showers that the models weren't picking up on, and the Southeast has been dumped on as well, kinda cool to see Nina like affects in the north and Nino in the South, would be really cool if that were to continue into the winter.

Even though I HATE damp drizzly days like this (give me cloudy or give me snow, bit not a fan of rain this time of year though), it would be a great sign it this pattern starts to get more active as we head towards winter. Potential for more winter storms than last year seems very high, regardless of temp departure.

Another hard freeze in the bag this morning.  24 for 2nd morning in a row.  The frost was very heavy.  In fact, there was quite a bit of hoar frost out in the country on plants and trees where there was some fog present.  

Nice to see the models showing a continuation to this active pattern for next week.  

Reached 55° today, which is a couple degrees above normal. Stayed pretty clear until 4 pm or so.

Down to 34° with some haze being reported. Wasn't able to get all the leaves cleaned up before the big wind event. Neighbors will end up getting some of them! ^_^

Lot of real estate with a wx headline.

US.png

Drove through parts of the county this evening and hit several thick "banks" of smoke. In fact, had a general smoky haze the entire time and smell of smoke. Don't know if it's from someone burning leaves or what. Temperature dropping ahead of guidance, I suspect we'll have some nice fog by morning.

Drove through parts of the county this evening and hit several thick "banks" of smoke. In fact, had a general smoky haze the entire time and smell of smoke. Don't know if it's from someone burning leaves or what. Temperature dropping ahead of guidance, I suspect we'll have some nice fog by morning.

Smoky here too.  Not sure where it's coming from.

Not that there's a great chance of severe weather tomorrow, but it's always a little weird to have the smells of Fall mixed with the possibility of severe storms.

This is something that I don't see in my p-n-c every day, not only the 55 mph wind gusts, but the multiple periods of very windy conditions.

Veterans Day
Sunny, with a high near 61. South wind 5 to 15 mph.
Tonight
Showers, mainly after 11pm. Low around 45. Breezy, with a southeast wind 15 to 25 mph, with gusts as high as 30 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.
Thursday
Showers likely, mainly before 8am. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 51. Windy, with a west wind 25 to 30 mph increasing to 30 to 35 mph in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 55 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%.
Thursday Night
Mostly cloudy, with a low around 36. Breezy, with a west wind around 25 mph, with gusts as high as 40 mph.
Friday
Partly sunny, with a high near 45. Windy, with a west wind 25 to 30 mph, with gusts as high as 40 mph.

Archived