joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
August 2015 Observation thread.

NRVwxfan.

• Replies 751
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It lasted for about 20 minutes here at the office. There was hardly any mention of storms today compared to last Thursday. Funny how that works out. 

We finally had a nice downpour in Wilson today.  Oddly, right before, the radar did not look promising.  It looked like the line was going to split around me again, but it must have zagged at the last minute.

It (the front) has wavered close by here today.... we had nice North breeze for a while late this morning after it almost rained, now it's back to the muggy SE. It rained at KJNX (1.9 miles away) down in to Smithfield --nada here. Crunch crunch said the lawn..

Looks like the front is just east of Raleigh.

http://hint.fm/wind/

Edit: Look to the NE of Raleigh near Virginia boarder. There's an area where winds come from the NW, NE, and SE. Almost looks like a low pressure.  

The dewpoint temps are a pretty good indication (usually) of where the front is. Drop down menu for various parameters is in the top right of the page.

http://climate.ncsu.edu/map/

Had a small localized shower/storm sit over me at the plant for a hr or so, now its drifting east and its getting a rotation/hooky looking appendage on the south end that might actually do something and I wouldn't be surprised to see a tornado warning on it if it keeps it up.

I watched it approach and it looks like there was some rotation in the clouds but it could have been my eyes play tricks on me. The wall of water just hit. 35+ mph winds. We also got some hail.

Archived