• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    christopher58
    Newest Member
    christopher58
dmillz25

The Dog Days of Summer: August 2015 Discussion

radar looks good for substantial rains to make it to the city. it would be nice since i'm in jersey city tonight

That area of heavy rain looks to be intensifying some as it nears the DE River. Rainfall estimates of >2" per hour and a flash flood warning already issued just West of the NJ line.

Oh it is, looks pretty potent actually.

Guest Pamela

If it holds up,

Some of the models might not agree with you; but Kipling certainly does...

Central Park set a record today for the most consecutive days with high temperatures at, or above 80° (42 days). http://t.co/TfeexUD8Ek

Saw this on the NWS Facebook page. Pretty impressive. Didn't see anyone on here tracking it. I do seem to remember pages and pages tracking how long we would go without hitting 70 in the spring though.

With the air temperature in my domicile at 86 F at the moment and my a/c on the fritz, the magnitude of the unpleasantness cannot be understated...

My ac is working great, nice and cold, great for sleeping, omg 86 I'd check into a hotel

Guest Pamela

My ac is working great, nice and cold, great for sleeping, omg 86 I'd check into a hotel

I tried; but the Hotel California had no vacancies.  Plus its like 3000 miles away.

The heat isn't going anywhere soon, folks.

GFS shows mostly average to below average temperatures out to Day 9, when it gets hot again, but that's fantasy range. Definitely a significant pattern change now with more typical late August weather, and suburbs radiating into the 50s most nights.

With the air temperature in my domicile at 86 F at the moment and my a/c on the fritz, the magnitude of the unpleasantness cannot be understated...

My central AC broke 2 weeks ago. Ambient temp went from 80-85 during the day. My condolences.

A few drops here. Really pulling for those storms to the south west to get up here. Really need it.

Guest Pamela

My central AC broke 2 weeks ago. Ambient temp went from 80-85 during the day. My condolences.

A few drops here. Really pulling for those storms to the south west to get up here. Really need it.

Thnxs.  2zHRRR & RAP with Biblical downpours for western & central Long Island...Yanks Fan should be happy!

Looks like moderate to occasional heavy rain for the next few hours. Maybe some thunder as well.

Lightning and thunder Approaching cnj(englishtown) rain showers on and off up until now

More like light to moderate rain.

Yeah, it's not impressive at all. I got only 5 hundreths of an inch of rain here. The heavier stuff is missing to the south. I was hoping I'd finally get a break from watering the garden on Friday, but no such luck. 

Yeah, it's not impressive at all. I got only 5 hundreths of an inch of rain here. The heavier stuff is missing to the south. I was hoping I'd finally get a break from watering the garden on Friday, but no such luck.

Sucks to hear that. Right now its borderline heavy here. Heaviest all day.