• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
6/27/15 - 6/28/15 obs

weatherwiz

I want to go all mountain man and hike the 4ks, but I have yet to get started. Ha.

Sheet drizzle commences here at GYX, but a balmy 53 on top of the hill. 1.15" as of the 18z ob.

Still a bit more than dz here, temp 50-51 (AUG 51/49 at 3 PM), and a fire going in the woodstove. , Today's high will be the 59 at my 9 PM obs time last night; doubt it topped 55 during the daylight.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Still a bit more than dz here, temp 50-51 (AUG 51/49 at 3 PM), and a fire going in the woodstove. , Today's high will be the 59 at my 9 PM obs time last night; doubt it topped 55 during the daylight.

We're just a tickle above 50 now (50.5). Pretty brutal for 4 PM on June 28th.

Third most. A place in China is ahead.

There is a guy who has hiked it almost every day

Since 1992

http://www.themountainpath.net/larry-davis-one-mans-passion-for-mt-monadnock/

Doesn't the one in china have a road most of the way up?  That's cheating.  I read about this stuff a long time ago but don't remember many details.

I've never even seen Mt. Monadnock and it's not on the to-do list.

I really want to see Katahdin though.  

Doesn't the one in china have a road most of the way up?  That's cheating.  I read about this stuff a long time ago but don't remember many details.

I've never even seen Mt. Monadnock and it's not on the to-do list.

I really want to see Katahdin though.  

My soon to be father-in-law has suggested we do that hike together and make a weekend of it. Though I'm not sure if that ends with me taking a swan dive off the Knife's Edge.

Well we've done the unthinkable here. A high of 58.9 on June 28th. Absolutely God awful. I will never ever understand how you guys like and want this in summer. Just will never comprehend that.

You loved cool summers back in the day, too.  You should understand why folks don't want heat.

What are you going to do to enjoy that heat?  Why would anyone want high heat?

As I've gotten older I have changed. though I swear on the kids that I've always wanted nice warm weather in summer..But as I've aged..I now long for high dews especially. I can't explain it..but I love them

It's tough to stay warm as you get old and lose meat on your bones. I'm starting to experience this firsthand.

As I've gotten older I have changed. though I swear on the kids that I've always wanted nice warm weather in summer..But as I've aged..I now long for high dews especially. I can't explain it..but I love them

Yeah just busting your balls...everyone wants nice warm weather in summer.  No one actively "wants" 50s and rain...though its semi-interesting from a weather standpoint.

But your posts when you first came on here were definitely not in the "heat camp" but you used to find ways for backdoors to go down to NYC, or for heat to avoid SNE.  The posts are there, haha. 

See as I age, I find that I don't mind warm or hot temps at all, but almost dislike dews more than I did 10 years ago.  I'd take 90/45 all summer long. 

Though I will say, dews are what makes a "summer" feel to me.  Heat and low humidity feels like an April/May or September/October heat wave...where as even 74/69 has a more summery appeal than 88/45 to me.  Still doesn't mean I like it, haha.  Most of my work is done outside on the mountain, everything from supervising operations to manual labor, and high dews just suck for that stuff.

Archived