SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Summer 2015 General Thunderstorm Thread

powderfreak

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

using terms N, S, E, W, NE, SE, SW, ESE when describing states and regions should be banned...it can become way too confusing.

suburban towns like Tolland are more associated with Manchester

The Quiet Corner, also known as Northeastern Connecticut, is a region of the state of Connecticut, located in the northeastern corner of the state.[1] It is generally associated with Windham County, but also incorporates eastern sections of Tolland County and the northern portion of New London County. The most frequently cited boundary is the semi-rural town of Coventry, which is more rustic than the more suburban towns to the west.

suburban towns like Tolland are more associated with Manchester

The Quiet Corner, also known as Northeastern Connecticut, is a region of the state of Connecticut, located in the northeastern corner of the state.[1] It is generally associated with Windham County, but also incorporates eastern sections of Tolland County and the northern portion of New London County. The most frequently cited boundary is the semi-rural town of Coventry, which is more rustic than the more suburban towns to the west.

Fails in all directions there amigo..Nothing but NE CT as plainly mapped out

Tolland Green is the informal center of the community, and a national historic district. The architectural styles on display, including the white steeples of several churches, are reminiscent of a picture-postcard New England scene. 

Many of the town's adults work in Hartford, located about 25 minutes away, often at one of the city's many insurance companies, or for the neighbouring University of Connecticut in Storrs to the south. A family-oriented town, the landscape of Tolland is primarily composed of large houses, and mansions on plots of around two acres. Undeveloped, forested land covers the area between the town's many residential developments. Containing two state forests and several municipal parks, the town retains a relatively rural character.

250px-Tolland_CT_lg.PNG

NE Ct runs from Tolland North and east..South of a line from Coventry to Killingly is considered SE Ct

Wtf? I am closer to the MA border than the shoreline by about 5 miles...which would make my town pretty darn close to central from a latitude perspective. But if you have to throw it into a N or S bucket, it is N. I'd bet Steve is slightly N too.

Let's just call Tolland the "highlands" and everywhere south and east the "lowlands".

Wtf? I am closer to the MA border than the shoreline by about 5 miles...which would make my town pretty darn close to central from a latitude perspective. But if you have to throw it into a N or S bucket, it is N. I'd bet Steve is slightly N too.

Let's just call Tolland the "highlands" and everywhere south and east the "lowlands".

Good points..but grouping towns in NE Ct with Manchester seems a bit off doesn't it?

Archived