CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
March 22-23 Snow

Hoosier

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

NAM is going a bit nuts on banding, that being said I could see someone sneaking out 6" along the MN/IA border.

Yeah I could see that much. Prairie du Chien looks to be in a sweet spot.

High clouds slowly giving way to mid level clouds now. 

Amazing how consistently the heaviest snow this winter has generally passed just to our south sans the early March event. I'm ready for the snow season to end, as the DAB on the way looks to be truly worthless in what otherwise has been a pretty pleasant month.

I still have no idea what DAB means. Could somebody enlighten me?

BTW, the 4km NAM has 12-14" max for this storm near Lacrosse!

I still have no idea what DAB means. Could somebody enlighten me?

BTW, the 4km NAM has 12-14" max for this storm near Lacrosse!

Its an amwx-forum coined term that supposedly means "dusting at best" (which would imply anything from not a flake to maybe 0.1-0.2") but those who use it tend to describe anything 2" or less as a "dab".

The contrast in Iowa is pretty crazy right now.  Southwest Iowa is in the 70s while far northeast Iowa is in the 20s with very heavy snow.  A guy in Prairie du Chien has already received 2.5 inches and it really just started.  He says it's the heaviest snow he's seen all season.

Yeah pretty nice contrast over Iowa.

2gso9sl.jpg

4+ inches in Decorah/Prairie du Chien now.  The initial band is now lifting northeast away from them, but the snow will re-expand south later as the main system approaches.

I should at least see some light mix (if I'm awake) late tonight, might accumulate a little on the grass.

Yeah that narrow corridor up north will do good tonight.  Too bad it's such a small band, so only a select few get anything decent.  

Expect to hear a lot of pinging on the eastern windows after 2am.  Probably an hour or two of white slop before it moves on.  I will miss it all since it will fall right in the sleep window for me.

Archived