joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
2015 Severe Weather Thread

Hvward

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know about all your fancy charts , but in my backyard, I've had .57 inches of rain for May, and highs from 87-92 for the past 2-3 weeks, so my wilted plants say it's a severe drought!

Good thing your backyard isn't the proxy for the Upstate then. At GSP...there has been 18.22 inches (-0.17 in from normal) of precip since Jan 1. Groundwater tables, reservoirs, streamflows and deep wells are all around normal according to the USGS.

Good thing your backyard isn't the proxy for the Upstate then. At GSP...there has been 18.22 inches (-0.17 in from normal) of precip since Jan 1. Groundwater tables, reservoirs, streamflows and deep wells are all around normal according to the USGS.

Since there haven't been any widespread precip events in awhile and we've entered pop up t storm mode early , there can be quite a difference in precip totals in just a few miles. So because GSP is just about normal, doesn't mean I am . We are about 2 inches below normal for the month of May alone, in my back yard

Since there haven't been any widespread precip events in awhile and we've entered pop up t storm mode early , there can be quite a difference in precip totals in just a few miles. So because GSP is just about normal, doesn't mean I am . We are about 2 inches below normal for the month of May alone, in my back yard

Yeah May has been below normal in localized areas, but it hasn't been long or dry enough to create D0 conds.

A waterspout came ashore a Ft. Lauderdale beach today and caused a bounce house with several kids inside to become airborne. Three kids were injured. I heard elsewhere that one is still in the hospital for at least overnight observation and will hopefully be ok. Also, apparently the kids all fell out before the house flew higher up above the palms and across the highway:

http://abc7.com/weather/video-bounce-house-full-of-kids-flies-through-the-air-/741348/

Another chance of storms today. Looks like last week, though, and too overcast here for it to get unstable enough for any good storms. More of a chance of plain rain.

It will be plenty unstable to get storms everywhere today, but without a lot or any shear there wont be anything to organized at least east of the foothills....also what is plain rain?

Archived