• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 5th Storm Obs/Nowcasting

nj2va

Maybe my peeps aren't awake yet... But I have a hunch that matt's rant on how insufferable the forum is gonna be this morning has really cut down on the number of storm canceled posts... Really disappointed... On another note has anyone noticed how on the national radar the northwest edge of the precip blob to our sw is slowly pushing southeast? Given the 6 hour lull coming it seems as though there is chance that nw edge fringes us. Anyone see that?

It looks like it's aiming right for us? Sarcasm?

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe my peeps aren't awake yet... But I have a hunch that matt's rant on how insufferable the forum is gonna be this morning has really cut down on the number of storm canceled posts... Really disappointed... On another note has anyone noticed how on the national radar the northwest edge of the precip blob to our sw is slowly pushing southeast? Given the 6 hour lull coming it seems as though there is chance that nw edge fringes us. Anyone see that?

Precip from TN/KY/West VA seems to be redeveloping locally. It never seemed to lull over me. Temps are falling now pretty steady and mix reports are increasing. We are on track.

I see that low clouds are scudding out of the north, major cold flow is strengthening. Things are setting up nicely.

people will complain even if there is a lot of snow.  some of the updated analysis indicates lower potential totals, but the upside is 4+ inches of snow, in march.  glass half full.

i would guess the usual areas, north and west, do a bit better with banding and training.

of course there will be peeps disappointed, if they don't get a foot

It looks like it's aiming right for us? Sarcasm?

No... I am talking about the Indiana Kentucky border... Where it is drifting se ever so slightly... But at second glance... Check out how southern Ohio just lit up over the last couple frames... That's a real good sign! That's not missing us. People are gonna get lulled in to work this morning and be screwed when it takes them 6 hours to get home.

Nope. Rather, it looks like you're full of shat, as usual.

No offense.

Radar looks on schedule... this lull has been forecast by nearly every model and has been talked about for days.

Went to bed at 12:30am - temp was 44

Woke up at 5am - temp at 37

So cold air is moving in - should get close to freezing around 8am/9am it seems.

Archived