Total Members
    Most Online
    kgottwald
    Newest Member
    kgottwald
superjames1992

February 25th-26th Winter Storm OBS

26/20 with a gentle wind as of 8 PM.

Snow is around from today's event in patches as some melted during the day today under the Fab Feb sun angle (despite overcast skies).

The high today was 27.

I was surprised when I just saw my therm. It has dropped from the high of 36 to 30.0 all of the sudden in Dunwoody. That is already near the forecasted low. I'm assuming the clouds have cleared a good bit to allow good radiation cooling. 

I was surprised when I just saw my therm. It has dropped from the high of 36 to 30.0 all of the sudden in Dunwoody. That is already near the forecasted low. I'm assuming the clouds have cleared a good bit to allow good radiation cooling. 

Down to 32.5° over this way which has fallen off quick too. Time to abandon those models and use common sense IMO.

Still some patchy snow left from earlier. 30.9°/29°. Ideally we get the clouds to break up some tonight to drop our temps and rethicken early tomorrow morning.

Sadly, the humidity is 84% and temp is 33! With high humidity , we might hang on to low clouds/fog. I feel like we won't drop more than 1-2 degrees all night, and we get sun until about noon, 40s are easily achievable and that's bad. We really need the Lookout finger of precip here just afternoon

I was surprised when I just saw my therm. It has dropped from the high of 36 to 30.0 all of the sudden in Dunwoody. That is already near the forecasted low. I'm assuming the clouds have cleared a good bit to allow good radiation cooling.

Seeing tons of stars and the moon near KATL. Down to 33

Mine are holding pretty steady now.  There is a slight amount of haze to the air, but I don't think it's heavy enough to be freezing fog.

Edit:  Just went up again, 31.3°.  Looking at weather station data, it looks like the upstate is 2° warmer than the surrounding areas in N Georgia and NC.

29 and cloudy with a dp of 30.  We were forecast to hit 42 today but we only reached 32.  Much of what snow fell this morning is still intact.

Our forecast low is 28 so we'll see if we bust to the low side.  Wouldn't be uncommon to do so.

Our low was supposed to be 28°.  The temp has slowly been rising the past hour.  It's 31.5° now.  Not sure if we are going to make it to our low unless we clear off soon.  More concerning is the dewpoints rising.

33.6 here at GT. It's going to be a close call here.

Apparently, it's down to 29.4 in Dunwoody. At this rate, they could blow right past their forecast low.

21 in Boone, had zero sunshine today and a high of 25 needless to say we had zero melting of our 4" from last night. Non plowed roads and parking lots are still solid white.

Was 32° at KATL (airport), but now is 33° with a 26° DP. I like that there's more of a departure spread between the temps and the DPs. Maybe it can add some cushioning for more cooling once the precip starts moving in?  :weenie:

EDIT: RH dropped sharply down there too from last hour (85% to 75%). NW winds FTW.

32 at 5:30am on a snow day always makes me nervous.

I know, I know, dynamics, rate, blah blah blah

Still, it's 32 on a snow day.

...and my favorite all -time snow was two years ago with temps in the upper 30s. You'd think I'd know better.