• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    EWR757
    Newest Member
    EWR757
Feb 25-26 Discussion/pbp

Wow

The kool kids in NC want the EURO/NAM to be right, and the rest of the gang wants the RGEM and GFS with euro blend for the southern folks. LOL I think the NAM was on crack tonight..I will say that.

I win either way if in NC, SC or Ga. No snow equipment south so we come there to plow. 2010 was great down there. I do appreciate your videos and time on here. Love reading your ideas

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The kool kids in NC want the EURO/NAM to be right, and the rest of the gang wants the RGEM and GFS with euro blend for the southern folks.  LOL  I think the NAM was on crack tonight..I will say that.

lol..yep. .i won't get into it in this thread but  Fact is, for someone to be a winner someone has to lose. It sucks but it's the truth. Personally if it looks bad here or something like the nam,  i'm likely heading to gainesville or something :snowman:

lol..yep. .i won't get into it in this thread but  Fact is, for someone to be a winner someone has to lose. It sucks but it's the truth. Personally if it looks bad here or something like the nam,  i'm likely heading to gainesville or something :snowman:

Agreed!! I think the new RGEM looks like a really nice compromise and closer to the DOC with more snow output

Can't the NAM and GFS just get along???

They are both terrible models, ride the UKIE/Euro/RGEM combo here at 00Z, the GFS and NAM cannot be trusted at all right now, the NAM has been horrendous all winter and the GFS has been very bad the last few weeks on all the winter storms in the Northeast, its been easily the worst model with the NAM right behind it.

Agreed!! I think the new RGEM looks like a really nice compromise and closer to the DOC with more snow output

The RGEM being where it is at 48 hours is a concern I think for people in WRN NC or VA who want big snows, I have rarely seen the RGEM ever be more suppressed than most other guidance in that range and end up turning around and going amped, its almost as reliable as seeing the NAM flat at 84 hours vs other guidance, it usually means said storm system is going to be flat in the end.

The kool kids in NC want the EURO/NAM to be right, and the rest of the gang wants the RGEM and GFS with euro blend for the southern folks.  LOL  I think the NAM was on crack tonight..I will say that.

If this is our last hurrah for the winter, I'd gladly surrender some of our potential walloping so more of us can have pleasant memories. But then I always shared crayons in kindergarten, only to have some come back half chewed.

Best of luck everyone!

It's not as held back with the energy but it isn't the gfs, just an example to toss the super weak gfs while ukmet/nam/euro all have a more amped solution. 

I would agree the GFS is likely further from reality, its amazing how badly it did with tonight's event in GA/SC...it literally had nothing on its runs as recently as 24 hours ago.

The RGEM being where it is at 48 hours is a concern I think for people in WRN NC or VA who want big snows, I have rarely seen the RGEM ever be more suppressed than most other guidance in that range and end up turning around and going amped, its almost as reliable as seeing the NAM flat at 84 hours vs other guidance, it usually means said storm system is going to be flat in the end.

great points!!  I just can't see this being that strong like the NAM.  I will be curious to see what the CMC and Doc do tonight.  I think if they look about the same or a smidge further south...WSW need to be flying off the shelf over I-20 tomorrow am.

FYI the UK office had a power outage today, if the UKMET is running late do not be alarmed, I have not been told anything official but do know they had an outage 6-8 hours ago and supposedly everything is back to normal so I would expect it would run on time

What time does the UKMET usually come out ?

great points!!  I just can't see this being that strong like the NAM.  I will be curious to see what the CMC and Doc do tonight.  I think if they look about the same or a smidge further south...WSW need to be flying off the shelf over I-20 tomorrow am.

The CMC should be similar to the RGEM, most of the time they are close in agreement inside 72 hours.

Archived