amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
2/21-2/23 Weekend Possible Storm

Zelocita Weather

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Weak sauce on the mean...nice front end. Has the follow up snow event also.

Lmao, once again for the 100th time this winter we don't have model consensus now that the 18z GFS has come out. Once again GFS vs ggem euro and ukie. Just unreal and 3 days away from the event. Pathetic is an understatement with the models this winter, just awful, worst I have ever seen

Lmao, once again for the 100th time this winter we don't have model consensus now that the 18z GFS has come out. Once again GFS vs ggem euro and ukie. Just unreal and 3 days away from the event. Pathetic is an understatement with the models this winter, just awful, worst I have ever seen

Last year featured some very late and dramatic north shifts on many storms (some within 36 hours) but it was positive changes mainly and no one was complaining. People don't realize how much a minute change in observations can be extrapolated to huge changes 2-3 days down the line. That we even have semi reliable models in the 3-5 day range is extraordinary, people are expecting too much and too many people without the ability of subjective thinking see them. (I'm not talking about the Blizzard, which was obviously a huge bust within 24 hours for 2 models who shall remain nameless)

Last year featured some very late and dramatic north shifts on many storms (some within 36 hours) but it was positive changes mainly and no one was complaining. People don't realize how much a minute change in observations can be extrapolated to huge changes 2-3 days down the line. That we even have semi reliable models in the 3-5 day range is extraordinary, people are expecting too much and too many people without the ability of subjective thinking see them. (I'm not talking about the Blizzard, which was obviously a huge bust within 24 hours for 2 models who shall remain nameless)

A lot of the changes inside 72 hrs last year was due to northern stream disturbances in poorly sampled areas. Probably much of the same this year.

There should be no excuses for huge busts inside 24 hours.

The NAM is pretty flat at 84 hours and very sloppy on the low development, thats a good start for anyone who was anti GGEM/Euro/UKMET

Yeah, barely 1012 with the low...looked very GFS like  to me.  Almost looks like a glorified cold front when you loop the images and temps are 35 or less for most at least through the end of the run.  With such a weak surface reflection, hard to see how the cold air gets kicked out quickly.

Archived