Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
2/21-2/23 Weekend Possible Storm

Zelocita Weather

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just a bit of perspective from over the pond... we've had falling snow 4 times here this winter...it stuck on only 1 occasion...around 4-6cm and it was washed away by an Alantic low the next morning. Give me 2-4 before some rain, everyday of the week. 

(Oh and the 100 inches some of you lucky sons of guns have below that ;) ) You lot in the US have a brillant climate, the best in the world. Enjoy it!

Just a bit of perspective from over the pond... we've had falling snow 4 times here this winter...it stuck on only 1 occasion...around 4-6cm and it was washed away by an Alantic low the next morning. Give me 2-4 before some rain, everyday of the week. 

(Oh and the 100 inches some of you lucky sons of guns have below that ;) ) You lot in the US have a brillant climate, the best in the world. Enjoy it!

Lol wrong thread most of us are under 40 inches. Go to the New England Thread for 80+ inches.

What a bore fest this Winter has turned into. Every strong low pressure system trends weaker and weaker as the event approaches. Every long duration event trends towards 6-12hours and every short event trends towards nothing.

that's been the seasonal trend.  Interesting battle b/w the GFS and Euro/CMC here with the latter two much deeper/wetter.

that's been the seasonal trend. Interesting battle b/w the GFS and Euro/CMC here with the latter two much deeper/wetter.

18z GFS loves doing stuff like this, always has. If it does it again at 0z, then maybe it's on to something. It'll be interesting to see if this solution has gefs support. It is worlds away from the euro, ggem and ukmet

What a bore fest this Winter has turned into. Every strong low pressure system trends weaker and weaker as the event approaches. Every long duration event trends towards 6-12hours and every short event trends towards nothing.

I cannot say that I have had a foot in less than a week

that's been the seasonal trend.  Interesting battle b/w the GFS and Euro/CMC here with the latter two much deeper/wetter.

Unbelievable how every storm this Winter has trended weaker and weaker, for one reason or another.

I guess this is a win for the flood prone areas and those concerned about roof collapses which is a very good thing, but from a weather enthusiasts standpoint, weak sauce is an understatement. 

Say what you want about this run, the WAR was stronger this run and the system almost gets completely squashed. 

It doesn't matter the energy gets sheared out regardless. There's no phasing it looks like and it looks more like a glorified cold front. 

The trough is very positively tilted which will do nothing for the low. If it trends any weaker then so will the warm push it might be like upper 30s/40 and drizzle most of the day after a few inches on the front end. 

I would think that monster of an arctic high that is progged to drop down on the west side of the lakes will prevent this storm from being overly wound up. A strung out mess is more in line with what we have seen in our area this month. What are the jet streaks at 250 looking like? Without a -NAO, wouldn't the progressive pattern allow this to slide off to the north east, as opposed to cut to Hudson Bay?

I would think that monster of an arctic high that is progged to drop down on the west side of the lakes will prevent this storm from being overly wound up. A strung out mess is more in line with what we have seen in our area this month. What are the jet streaks at 250 looking like? Without a -NAO, wouldn't the progressive pattern allow this to slide off to the north east, as opposed to cut to Hudson Bay?

Yes. That's why if the s/w does not consolidate it's energy, it will be very hard pressed to cut north. Additionally, the high dropping from the west may be enough to keep it under rather than allowing it to ride north as the high continues to build east. In other words, the magnitude of the high pressure system building in could keep the storm underneath it if it moves east quickly enough.

Archived