12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
2/21-2/23 Weekend Possible Storm

Zelocita Weather

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Their discussion is absolutely mind boggling given the 12z operational and ensembles runs

I spoke with a another met friend of mine and his explanation was :

"Theme of the season - progressive and suppressed. Last cutter we had was in late December with - NAO.

NAO is screaming positive. We also have a very cold air mass in place before it moves in, and models have continuously underestimated it this year. I think this thing will be very strung out and fast moving"

In other words, he doesn't believe in the amped solution, and I can see his point, nor do I explicitly buy an amped solution at this point. With the NAO in firm positive territory as well as East based, and the flow still screaming, it will be hard pressed to consolidate this energy. If this s/w remains strung out (as they all have trended inside of 48 hours) , it won't cut the way it's showing.

I agree , yeh this will slip between those 2 HPs  

Those aren`t just structures , they are people `s homes .  I hope SNE stays as  dry as could possibly be  . 

I hope this goes to Chicago ,  they dry slot and they melt their base over time . 

An inch plus of water on top of 6ft cover is awful .

Thankfully no one is rooting for that at least that`s the hope 

not only the rooftops, but the runoff has no where to go with all of those stormdrains blocked by ice and snow

UGHS

I spoke with a another met friend of mine and his explanation was :

"Theme of the season - progressive and suppressed. Last cutter we had was in late December with - NAO.

NAO is screaming positive. We also have a very cold air mass in place before it moves in, and models have continuously underestimated it this year. I think this thing will be very strung out and fast moving"

In other words, he doesn't believe in the amped solution, and I can see his point, nor do I explicitly buy an amped solution at this point. With the NAO in firm positive territory as well as East based, and the flow still screaming, it will be hard pressed to consolidate this energy. If this s/w remains strung out (as they all have trended inside of 48 hours) , it won't cut the way it's showing.

That was kind of my thinking earlier after seeing the 12Z runs. Now I feel smart that HPC is thinking like me, lol. Like someone said earlier a flatter solution isn't necessarily a good thing if it just means the low winds up closer with most of this forum still warm-sectored in the heavier precip. It would probably increase the front end dump/slop. From a pattern perspective I think it just makes sense, but I'm no met.

That was kind of my thinking earlier after seeing the 12Z runs. Now I feel smart that HPC is thinking like me, lol. Like someone said earlier a flatter solution isn't necessarily a good thing if it just means the low winds up closer with most of this forum still warm-sectored in the heavier precip. It would probably increase the front end dump/slop. From a pattern perspective I think it just makes sense, but I'm no met.

JB still thinks there is a possibility that this could still reform off the coast as the Midwest low pressure encounters the cold and transfers it's energy. We will see

Archived