CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
2/21-2/23 Weekend Possible Storm

Zelocita Weather

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rain all the way into Montreal. Then a possible flip to snow as the front moves through our area, but you'll be fighting the precip shutting off.

Those tail-end deals almost never work out, but with the low cutting that far west, to give Chicago a snowstorm, I'm surprised it is showing a 2-4 front end dump. There would be crazy strong waa out ahead of that thing in that situation, especially with the low being very strong

Well we've had 4 weeks of snow cover, which is extremely rare so it was bound to wither away eventually. It really would be a massive disaster though we're talking widespread roof collapses, major flooding, and ice jams turning a weenie fantasy into a complete nightmare. I'm actually happy we've haven't had crazy amounts of snow given such dire consequences. 

I still like 2-4" or 3-5" on a front end dump, especially near Trenton where the precip arrives faster and is able to tap into a bit more cold air. Then grab your ankles because it's coming hard and fast.

If the low is as strong as the GGEM has I don't see it, I cannot recall ever seeing more than maybe 1 or 2 inches when a low that deep is to the west

Gfs delivers a beautiful parting gift as met winter comes to a close Feb 28-March 1.

I'm not convinced that this will be our last winter storm threat. At some point the pattern is going to break but the models almost always advertise it a week to ten days too early. By the middle of March we should be done and it will be a welcomed sight as we have endured quite a cold Winter.

If it does, that would almost certainly be the last hurrah for this winter. Real good agreement that after next Sunday (3/1), every teleconnection goes very unfavorable for cold/snow and it's all she wrote...

Major pattern changes can often occur with a bang so I wouldn't discount something the gfs shows. 

There may be a delay or lag regarding winter's end even if all the teleconnections flip by an additional 7-10 days, so it is possible we might have to wait until either the 2nd week of March or mid March before a complete pattern breakdown/change

If the low is as strong as the GGEM has I don't see it, I cannot recall ever seeing more than maybe 1 or 2 inches when a low that deep is to the west

I posted that earlier snowgoose, a 2-4 dump with a cyclone that strong and that far west? No way imo the waa would be incredible at all levels out ahead of it

Archived