joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February 16-17 2015 Snowfall Observations

Rtd208

• Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Final measurement is 4.5" as of 6:15 am, as another 1/2" fell in the last hour or so - snow now just falling lightly.  Could get a little more, but radar is looking light.  Also, with such high ratios, better measure now or this stuff will collapse under its own weight in a few hours.  I had cleared the "board" at 4" and got another 1/2" of fresh snow, but also noticed that the depth on the lawn was only 4.25", indicating that some settling has already started (as the lawn was agreeing with my "board" - a table on my deck - until then).  

I'm in Forest Hills, right between LGA and JFK and we have at least 2" out here... still coming down decently. Great surprise, was expecting little, though last night's radar was encouraging as I fell asleep.

You were expecting a coating despite models having .15"-.25" and with guaranteed ratios of at least 15 to 1.

1004 mb Low 70 miles east of Norfolk VA at 4 AM.

Low down to 1002 mb @ 6 AM...doesn't appear to have moved terribly far...still sitting less than 100 miles east of the Virginia beaches...absolutely classic, textbook positioning to bring snows into this area.

Archived