• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    queenofscience
    Newest Member
    queenofscience
Blue Ridge

Feb. 16-17 Winter Storm Obs Thread

LOL, I love how Blue Ridge didn't put snow in the tags. Some of the Valley's still going to get crushed though ;)

The skies are still clear here on the Upper East Side...

LOL, I love how Blue Ridge didn't put snow in the tags. Some of the Valley's still going to get crushed though ;)

The skies are still clear here on the Upper East Side...

I thought I did...lol. Isn't that fitting.

Reports of a lot of zr in Gallatin, TN where it was suppose to be snow. It's 24 degrees there. Sounds absolutely brutal there. I hope they switch to sleet and snow.

I am about ten minutes from Gallatin been at about 24 since this all started and there seems to be very little sleet mixed in now, mainly freezing rain; I think we can take about another hour of this before we start having issues; if this doesnt change over there is going to be a huge mess as we will likely be losing power.

Middlesboro has managed to start as snow per their obs. So it appears to pretty much be the Ky border as the dividing line between snow or no for now. I'm in what I assume will be a narrow sleet zone, with Crossville/Nashville reporting freezing rain at their latitude.

Middlesboro has managed to start as snow per their obs. So it appears to pretty much be the Ky border as the dividing line between snow or no for now. I'm in what I assume will be a narrow sleet zone, with Crossville/Nashville reporting freezing rain at their latitude.

That's gotta be nasty to have freezing rain at such low temps.

36F, cloudy, and dry in Huntsville/Madison, AL. We really dodged the bullet interms of sleet and freezing rain.

Very curious to see conditions in TN this morning. Nashville looks like a mess.

Salt and pepper flakes falling have been falling for about 30 mins. Really light. Bays Mtn is getting a slight haze on it. Basically, means that the deck is dropping.

Same here. The drive is getting a tiny dusting. Time to bring out the salt

Salt and pepper flakes falling have been falling for about 30 mins. Really light. Bays Mtn is getting a slight haze on it. Basically, means that the deck is dropping.

Thanks for checking in. I noticed the heavier returns over the Tri-Cities and wondered if anyting was reaching the surface.

26 and overcast here.