joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Feb. 16-17 Winter Storm Obs Thread

Blue Ridge

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the sun dropping made a big difference.  MathMet also mentioned another reason that folks east of I-81 are now cooling off.  Good information.  Hard fought 2"  at this point of snow, then a long period of sleet, and now more snow.  I am pretty sure that if you put a sled on that... Mach 1 might be achievable. 

I'm near where Dickson, Cheatham, and Williamson meet in middle TN, we're currently getting a light rain mist, never had snow. We had only freezing rain and sleet, back and forth all day. I didn't think we'd still be getting anything. Everything is frozen on the ground, trees and structures.

I think the sun dropping made a big difference.  MathMet also mentioned another reason that folks east of I-81 are now cooling off.  Good information.  Hard fought 2"  at this point of snow, then a long period of sleet, and now more snow.  I am pretty sure that if you put a sled on that... Mach 1 might be achievable.

Totally agree. Sun setting has made a huge difference. We've dropped 1 degree (thank you Lord!) in last 45 minutes...sitting at 32.3 now with light sleet/snow mix

Wonder when temp is going to start falling in knoxville.  It is now up to 32 at my house in Cedar Springs area.

Wondering the same thing, I'm sitting at 31.  Anyone checked the current mesoscale products that can say where the lines are trending at this point?  Radar isn't terribly encouraging for a significant backside snow hit here although local mets seem to think a few inches are possible.  Would love a an inch or two on top of this.

I tried a time lapse of today's snows. Not really what I expecting but I'll reserve the complaining for the SE forum.

Dude I love time lapse stuff, very cool even if it didn't pile up the way you expected.  Thanks for sharing.  I had visions of trying out my iphone time lapse feature on this one too but was too busy checking radar and forums to pull it off.  Mine wouldn't have been very impressive anyway lol.

Dude I love time lapse stuff, very cool even if it didn't pile up the way you expected. Thanks for sharing. I had visions of trying out my iphone time lapse feature on this one too but was too busy checking radar and forums to pull it off. Mine wouldn't have been very impressive anyway lol.

I was lucky enough to use an iPad to do everything else. I bought a little tripod at Walgreens to set my phone on. That was my first time doing time lapse stuff. Maybe I'll get a chance this weekend to try it out again.

Archived